Is this E55 good value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Terrible advert with very low asking price generally means one thing to me, terrible car. If I was looking to sell mine (and I might be next year) I would hope for upwards of 10.5k and that gets you a solid, well optioned, relatively low mileage example and, dare I say, with a lot less 'wear & tear'!! lol

Terrible advert with very low asking price generally means one thing to me, terrible car.

Not necessarily, any more than a good ad with a high asking price necessarily means a good car.

If I was interested I'd go and see it, then make a decision based on what I found, not dismiss it out of hand.

Better off with this one: 372150126661

805 build and has almost all options ticked.

.... and has almost all options ticked.

It certainly sounds like a better bet, but it has the wrong wheels, and there are a couple of options I've never heard of on the W211 - SOLAR ELECTRIC CHARGING SUNROOF and DOUBLE GLAZED INFRA RED PROOF GLASS. Did they get carried away in composing the ad, or are they genuine?

With the same mileage as the black one, it's likely to need the same things doing, so budget a couple of thousand for this one too; that pushes it up to £12K as opposed to £9.5K. See my previous post...

If the service histories were equally good, I'd still go to see the black one first, but then, I'm not impressed by (most) toys; an AMG is all about the engine...

Not necessarily, any more than a good ad with a high asking price necessarily means a good car.

If I was interested I'd go and see it, then make a decision based on what I found, not dismiss it out of hand.

I guess it's a case of each to their own - so much can usually be gained (or not!) from the advert. If a seller cannot go to the trouble of presenting a full, accurate/honest condition report and then still put the car up for sale seemingly under market value, i'd personally not waste my time going to view it. A low sale price (especially from a trader) usually suggests large future bills to me.

Bit like the recent ad for your Mrs car - your thorough/detailed eBay listing must have helped achieve more £'s ;o)

Que? No Comprendo... Whose recent ad for whose Mrs's car?

lol, sorry, my bad!! Your forum name is very similar to that of the seller of the SLK in classifieds.

:rolleyes:

So there's never any hidden mechanical issues with cars bought from elsewhere?? :rolleyes: Buying used cars from any source requires you to do your homework, so eBay isn't any different IMO and experience.
Yes, of course, but I guess it would be better if you can go see it and perhaps get it checked up before buying it...Can you do it when buying from eBay?

^Yes jut arrange with the Seller a time so you can go view it before the auction ends.

Always have a Independent inspection on the cars I BUY, if they do not agree thats 1 off the list. This E55 I bought 2 years ago came out Ok, haggled for a few things & marks etc & it only 2.5 months Mot so I put a deposit on it & collected it a few days later with a fresh Mot with the bits the inspection pointed out renewed & even took the old parts away with me! The car has been pretty good so far just a few things you expect on older cars but none of them are corrosion related, which for a 14 - 15 year old car is pretty good in my book! People get in & say it feels rock solid ...thats because they are Engine/Box Body rock solid & if you treat the air suspension as a 10+ year consumable so is that, great ride quality. Mine is bog standard & when I put my foot down people are gobsmacked at the power from just poodling along then KapOW --- Dual carriage nutter Lol
They are excellent value & I doubt they will get any cheaper TBH.

Double post ?

How about an s55 instead?!
now.. where would he find one of those? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom