issues with Exhaust Systems Only ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevebgt1

Car
Audi R8 V10 Plus . MRC Tuned 655BHP Larini Exhaust.
Whilst deciding what to do regarding pipes for my C63, I am reading that some people have issues after fitting aftermarket exhausts ? Things like Engine Management lights coming on, and flat/fluffy spots on throttle etc....
I am NOT re-mapping, just purely going for sound improvement...
Should it be ok just by sticking loud pipes on ?
A fellow member has offered me a system, which I think I am gonna take, but I don't wanna spend any money if it makes the car worse !!

Why not just empty the secondary cats first and see if you like the noise?
If its not loud enough then you have the other alternatives like a replacement (read v expensive) system like IPE or F1.

[YOUTUBE]/watch?v=isxL8UYxfxQ[/YOUTUBE]

Whilst deciding what to do regarding pipes for my C63, I am reading that some people have issues after fitting aftermarket exhausts ? Things like Engine Management lights coming on, and flat/fluffy spots on throttle etc....
I am NOT re-mapping, just purely going for sound improvement...
Should it be ok just by sticking loud pipes on ?
A fellow member has offered me a system, which I think I am gonna take, but I don't wanna spend any money if it makes the car worse !!

Depends on what you go for to be honest, though mostly it would benefit from a specifically designed map to sort any fuelling issues out.

Mine was constantly showing a check engine light when I changed the front pipes (different engine but same principle) until I had it mapped. Not only did I lose the light, it also ran a lot smoother.

Why not just empty the secondary cats first and see if you like the noise?
If its not loud enough then you have the other alternatives like a replacement (read v expensive) system like IPE or F1.

Good God man that sounds outrageous in the video! :eek: Is that really just with the secondary cat delete and no other mod?

changing the back boxes will in no way be detrimental...the ecu is easily able to compensate for this small change ask any of the tuners

Good God man that sounds outrageous in the video! :eek: Is that really just with the secondary cat delete and no other mod?

Allegedly:dk: I'd imagine the mic' was placed close to the rear bumper and it's nowhere near that loud inside the cabin with the windows closed.

i did the secondary cat delete and resonator and that was a little too much with no control

changing the back boxes will in no way be detrimental...the ecu is easily able to compensate for this small change ask any of the tuners

Cheers gasman

I actually think The Don has a point....

Anyone else agree with this ? Acid ?? Are you there ???:thumb:

I heard they can be noisy

Cant figure out if you`re being serious there supaer.........

semi serious lol.

I was toying with the idea of an exhaust, however I am going down the route of decatting the secondary cats then see how I feel about it.

I have just had the resonator delete done by Imran of Torqueflow whilst in MSL for a Remap.

Completely different level but not too loud.
A little pop on start up when cold.
Otherwise louder on revving n throttle down.

Secondary cat still in place in case MOT troubles.

I heard a full system IPE including headers whilst in MSL. Ravving animal with valve open. But a bit too soft on valve close which puts me off as i am unlikely to switch on or off everyday after start up n leaving my house.

I agree with you.... Its a lot of money to spend on something that can sound timmid.

If someone wants to put it on my car for cheap I will take it however 2k is a little to much...

Exited to get secondary cat delete sometime soon

Appreciate the input guys. I have been offered a slightly used pair of valved back boxes. My theory is ( correct me if I`m wrong) , its a cheap ish way of finding out if that's all I want. If it sounds great with valves open, its worth the money. If my warning lights come on, I`ll be ****** off , If I have MOT issues, it should just be a straight swap to put oem boxes back on ...My guess is, as its just the back end, it should not plague the ECU at all ??

If you have MOT issues it will only be because the tester thinks the car is too loud Steve:D. It shouldn't put on any warning lights or affect emissions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom