It's here my new C350 CDI :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@MonkeyLegend - Indeed! The Scooby H6 was a blast and sounded great, 4WD as well but the 20MPG was crazy. You can pick up some bargains with this car and I was tempted with a 59 plate replacement. But with it being so thirsty residuals just plummet. I can honestly say, even with the little amount of time with the C350, it is incredibly quick, 7g auto is a breeze and I get 40MPG even with a very heavy right foot and just blasting around town. Yes you know its a diesel when you start it but after its warmed up you hardly notice.

@350_Coupe - I think the C350 CDI Coupe is imminent according to my $tealer. Will get some pics of the inside and post up. I got the following options: Panoramic sunroof, heated leather seats, Becker nav and piano black trim.

Last edited:
nice options, the original owner of mine didn't get the pano roof, nor heated seats :eek:

The becker nav was not something available on my model i dont thing, will be interested to see that

Nice car. :thumb:

Becker was on a loan car I had. Quite nice - like an upmarket intergrated TomTom.

V6 C classes are quite a rare sight as others have said, but once driven you'd never want a four cylinder. Glad you're enjoying it!

You need the screen in the dashboard I guess but best bet is to ask your $tealer.

Must admit haven't seen any C350s around - seen plenty of E350 and it also nice to burn off the BMW 335d drivers at the lights :)

LOL - i see you've been stretching it's legs a bit then !

@texasJohn - you can get a cable that allows video to be played - but I think it is only for Comand. See below from the latest C Class accessories catalogue.

Media Interface video cable
Transforms your Mercedes-Benz into a cinema: the Media Interface video cable allows you to watch videos on the monitor of your COMAND Online – while the vehicle is stationary. Various video sources (e.g. camcorder, iPod video, iPhone, video player, etc.) can also be connected to the Media Interface via the AUX connection
Only in conjunction with Media Interface (Code 518). Does not support your iPhone’s phone function. Please contact your Mercedes-Benz partner for details of other function restrictions.

@texasJohn - you can get a cable that allows video to be played - but I think it is only for Comand. See below from the latest C Class accessories catalogue.

Media Interface video cable
Transforms your Mercedes-Benz into a cinema: the Media Interface video cable allows you to watch videos on the monitor of your COMAND Online – while the vehicle is stationary. Various video sources (e.g. camcorder, iPod video, iPhone, video player, etc.) can also be connected to the Media Interface via the AUX connection
Only in conjunction with Media Interface (Code 518). Does not support your iPhone’s phone function. Please contact your Mercedes-Benz partner for details of other function restrictions.

Does this addon allow me to play music on my phone through the stereo and get all the ID3/Album art data on the screen if I do not have COMAND?

Nice looking car, cracking choice of engine and a nice spec.

Out of interest, what interior colour did you go for?

@A-AvantGarde - black leather with piano black trim. Looks good with the sunroof providing the light in the interior.

@mark - yep

gr4z said:
@mark - yep

Surprised

I took a C350 for a test drive and certainly from a rolling start it felt much much slower that my current 335D. Indeed in the 60 to 100 band it felt truly lethargic.

I put this down to the C having less power, more weight and different gearing.

Didn't stop me ordering A C350 estate which will be here next week though .

Great looking car.

Do you mind me asking where the photos at the start of the thread were taken ? Looks like an old peri-track.

Surprised

I took a C350 for a test drive and certainly from a rolling start it felt much much slower that my current 335D. Indeed in the 60 to 100 band it felt truly lethargic.

I put this down to the C having less power, more weight and different gearing.

Didn't stop me ordering A C350 estate which will be here next week though .

I agree - I would of loved the 335d but in reality it came down to costs. The lease of a C350 was MUCH cheaper than the 335d, plus it came with some toys thrown in. A few years ago I had a 320d and that was great as well. Even that was £120 more per month on the lease compared to the C350. Some great deals out there at the moment.

Does this addon allow me to play music on my phone through the stereo and get all the ID3/Album art data on the screen if I do not have COMAND?

Don't think it will. Anything I play on phone through blue tooth streaming comes without track info. If Artwork not in the COMAND Gracenote database it doesn't come over. At least that's my experience. Though if I copy mp3 to the hard drive and include artwork with music files it will be display.

Don't bother trying to stream music via bluetooth.

The bandwidth is so small that the sound quality will be poor at best.

I agree - I would of loved the 335d but in reality it came down to costs. The lease of a C350 was MUCH cheaper than the 335d, plus it came with some toys thrown in. A few years ago I had a 320d and that was great as well. Even that was £120 more per month on the lease compared to the C350. Some great deals out there at the moment.

I wouldn't loose too much sleep. Theres more to life than who is quickest to 100mph off the lights.

The 3 is starting to look tired on the inside and as you say, the cost difference (especially when you add in a few options) is huge.

Add to that the current 3 is end of life and it's very hard to justify buying any BMW 3 series right now.

Indeed as much as I have loved the 4 years I have had the 335D, I could not bring myself to buy another.

Maybe in a couple of years time when the new 3 is out and the 340D is available then I could be tempted but remember that with the new Audi on the block, the 335D is no longer top dog anyway (the Audi 3.0 TDi can co 0-60 nearly a second faster).

Plus theres always the D6 option :devil:

What power does a D6 C350cdi have

my D6 S211 certainly feels nippy. Not a 335d but I've played with a 330d and it did me pround.

You hardly ever see 335d's it seems most are 318d or 320d anyway so not really a worry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom