Ive joined the AMG Kompressor club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m2287

MB Enthusiast
Car
E63 AMG
Got myself an S55 AMG on a bit of a whim!

It needs a good once over with a machine polisher and it will look great!

Looks good:thumb:, whats the mileage and history?

Thanks,
It's done 118k with full service history, it was serviced 3k ago and it has a full MOT. It has 2 owners, the last being a doctor who had it since 2006! He px'd it towards an extremely low mileage SL55 at my friends garage.

It needs a really good polish up and an intercooler pump, I think I'll order a Johnson cm30 today.

Once you get the pump done, which is a good idea....maybe have a think about some easy exhaust mods (secondary decat / res box removal) and upgrade SC pulley and remap, can easily get these engines upto around 550hp:thumb::D

Thanks,
It's done 118k with full service history, it was serviced 3k ago and it has a full MOT. It has 2 owners, the last being a doctor who had it since 2006! He px'd it towards an extremely low mileage SL55 at my friends garage.

It needs a really good polish up and an intercooler pump, I think I'll order a Johnson cm30 today.

I would also check in the history if the car has had ATF change?

Once you get the pump done, which is a good idea....maybe have a think about some easy exhaust mods (secondary decat / res box removal) and upgrade SC pulley and remap, can easily get these engines upto around 550hp:thumb::D

Im already on it!!! The exhaust will be the first thing I do, it made an amazing difference to my CL55... pulley and remap will happen in the near future, I'll probably get them done at MSL!

I would also check in the history if the car has had ATF change?

Yes it was done at 95k, I've done a fair few myself now, it's an easy enough DIY!

Beautiful! Great colour too.

How does it drive compared to the CL? I'm guessing it's fairly similar but you never know ;)

Beautiful! Great colour too.

How does it drive compared to the CL? I'm guessing it's fairly similar but you never know ;)

Yea it's really similar, it does feel bigger though!

Gave it a quick once over with the polisher:

Put my split rims on it:

Hopefully put my lowering links on tomorrow and getting the exhaust done on saturday

You may have to keep turning off the EML if you take out the primary cats. That can be mapped out though.

Quick to put on those lovely split rims from the CL I see:thumb:

You may have to keep turning off the EML if you take out the primary cats. That can be mapped out though.

Quick to put on those lovely split rims from the CL I see:thumb:

Yea the rims had to go on! I'll be putting the CL up for sale in a week or so.

Do you know how much the 18" AMG wheels that were on it are worth? They seem to have very new Michelin tyres all round!

It will be getting a pulley and a map soon enough so that wouldn't bother me, does it actually give any power gain though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom