Jag XF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deker

Car
2012 3ltr Jaguar XFS
Well after 140,000 miles in the w203 it was time to look at a different car, so I went to the Jag dealer with the XKR and XFR in mind and actually come out with the XF S.

car1.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

I still have the w203 but I'll be selling it soon.

Deker

Last edited:
What happened to the other two???

I have always fancied an XJR, and now the newer XFR.

Don't know much about them but I certainly don't dislike them. It will very interesting to hear how the OP gets on.

It's looking good, enjoy the car OP.

What do you think of it?

Hi,

Now that I've had the chance to put a few thousand miles on it the car has surprised my in quiet a few areas.

The overall build quality is top notch, the interior is a very nice place to be even after long drives I feel as fresh as when I got in, nearly every person who has been in has commented on how comfortable it is.

The Meridian sound system blow the socks off Mercedes Command in every way, from the sound to way everything integrates (they just appear on there as if they where installed as part of the build, phones, ipods, USB, everything) so no matter what you need to control there's one place for it. If I was going to be picky I'd say the only thing that isn't as good is the speed limiter, it's more fiddly to engage quickly (I used to use that a lot on in my c class in built up areas).

On the test drive when I was buying the car I thought the power delivery was nice but lacking a bit, certainly not as powerful as the salesman was trying to convince me, it turns out I was very wrong lol. In standard driving mode it's got a nice power delivery, but it's not slow yet it wont throw you around the cabin so it maintains the comfort but even then if you need the power it's on tap and will release it with only a little bit of lag and using the flappy paddles instead of the auto box can probably fix that, (on my first drive home I got a very nice surprise while underestimating the power delivery coming off a roundabout!). In sports mode it's a beast, the suspension stiffens up and the gearbox drops the gears so that the first turbo is always engaged, there's no lag anywhere and it takes off, it throws you up to license losing speeds without even breaking sweat and the cabin so quiet you really get a shock when you look at the speedo needle and see it just keep increasing with ease.

So overall I really rate the car and don't regret buying it at all, I initially went for the XF R and can honestly say I made the right choice, the XF R is more like the AMG which will have been great for those few times that you can actually use the power on tap but for the other 99% of the time it would have offered nothing over this one.

One other thing I'll add is that this is the only car I've owned where a stranger has come up to me in a petrol station and commented on how nice the car is.

Regards

Deker

Hi,

One other thing I'll add is that this is the only car I've owned where a stranger has come up to me in a petrol station and commented on how nice the car is.

Regards

Deker

Get a 124 coupe - you have to beat 'em off with a stick. :D

Thanks for the review. :thumb:

Based on the old S Type STEEL CHASSIS underneath I believe unlike Jags more modern alloy efforts. Have to say I preferred the first front end look :cool: ----the facelift - not so much.:eek:

What happened to the other two???

I have always fancied an XJR, and now the newer XFR.

The XKR that was in stock was the slightly older model and when I got in the new one I preferred it but unfortunately that model was a little out of my budget. The XFR was in budget but I felt happy with the compromise of the 3ltr over the 5 ltr, my initial plans are to only keep this car for a year or so and then go back and look at the newer XKR, I figured that by getting this one I would save more money from running costs to go towards the XKR.

To add to this, the F type is also growing on me...

Based on the old S Type STEEL CHASSIS underneath I believe unlike Jags more modern alloy efforts. Have to say I preferred the first front end look :cool: ----the facelift - not so much.:eek:

That's right it's a steel monocoque chassis not aluminium like the XK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom