Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Don't know about you guys, but I watch far more shows on YouTube channels these days than actual TV, each Sunday/Monday morning the next episode of the excellent Jay Leno's garage is uploaded.

This week, his Mercedes 600:
1972 Mercedes-Benz 600 Kompressor - Jay Leno's Garage - YouTube

[YOUTUBE]4LnHdWgLlFI[/YOUTUBE]

Look how fast those windows go up and down! Beats even modern standards (and beats my SL by a decade!)

Strange to strap on a supercharger and water injection after such a fabulous restoration job ... was it really not quick enough :dk:

Strange to strap on a supercharger and water injection after such a fabulous restoration job ... was it really not quick enough :dk:

Yes, it struck me too as a bit odd. Then again I wouldn't imagine they were a rocket ship in their day either, simply due to the weight. I'd also imagine the S/c and associated parts could easily be removed to get the car back to stock.

Last edited:
Love it

IIRC he said it was putting out over 500 bhp with the s/c.

Whoever fitted that wants a clip around the ear... Ruined a beautiful car.

They are the best of the best though, nothing like the feeling of opulence driving a 600..

Modern junk doesnt come close.

Given a stable of motors, I think most of the forum members would pop one in their collection ...they are a super thing, knocking Rollers off their perch for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom