Jenson Button and wife gassed in Burglary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Jenson Button and wife were presumed gassed in an overnight Burglary in the South of France. Jenson Button burglary: Gas suspected in F1 driver break-in - BBC News
It is suspected the thieves used an anaesthetic gas to render their victims unconscious during the robbery. As soon as I heard that I was reminded of a similar technique used by the Russian Spetsnaz to end the Chechen militant theatre seige in 2002 which resulted in the deaths of 130 of the hostages as well as the militants holding them hostage. Its incredibly dangerous as introducing an anaesthetic gas into say an airconditioning unit makes it impossible to control the dosage to any individuals concerned. Further reports that elements of the Russian mafia have been involved in a spate of similar robberies on the Riviera would indicate that some ex-spetsnaz guys have found another outlet for their dubious talents. :(

While I would go along with the general tenure of that arguement I would take issue with this statement
Potential agents, such as the one used by the Russians in the Moscow siege are few in number and difficult to obtain. Moreover, these drugs would be too expensive for the average thief to use.
Not---- I suspect if you are ex spetsnaz with the right connections. With a highly militarised society like Russia in chaos I image that getting your hands on some "militarised fentanyl" might be relatively easy if you knew where to look??

Cup of Polonium tea Vicar --- thanks don't mind if I do. ;)

Last edited:
Getting a awake adults (and potentially high on Adrenalin-boosting drugs) to drop down unconscious yet alive before being able to even reach for the detonator button on the suicide belt is indeed a considerable challenge.

Using mild sedative on people who are already deeply asleep, to reduce the likelihood of them waking-up while the thieves are at work, is more achievable I think.

Last edited:
Couldn't resist this Sniff Petrol Comment.
PicNews150807.jpg

Gassings have been used in caravan and motorhome burglaries, but its virtually impossible to do in a home environment due to the amount of gas involved and directing the gas to where you want it,

Serves him right for going to France how does he expect to be treated as a Brit :D They treat the asylum seekers at Calais better than us. :crazy:

Poor sod.... gassing/sedating the intended victims is an old trick used in Spain and France for years on tourists, especially when in air-coned villas, apartments and motor-homes.

Spain has slowed up a bit in the last few years with reports of gassing's.

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/19946/sleeping-gas-burglaries-terrify-residents

france as well not as bad as it was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ling-victim-Mediterranean-gang-crimewave.html

Thought it had disappeared from Europe unless some new wave of thieves from elsewhere have entered the equation.

:(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom