Jeremy Clarkson caught doing 70mph on the M40 while talking on his mobile phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's because they will be "RED LIGHT CAMERAS"
Does that mean they are only used in 'Red light' areas?

Sounds a bit voyeuristic to me! :devil: :)

Regards
John the peeping Tom

Hi i saw this car being delivered at my local merc indy john haynes auto technics worthing (delivery driver said it belonged to clarkson) a few months back as a non runner. I heard he has spent alot of money getting it right (well it is a 600 :D ). He must have it back now and enjoying it.

this months top gear mag has clarkson commenting on her. apparently £3k for the gear box repairs

well if you trigger a red light camera ,i think being on a mobile phone will be the least of your problems. now if it is rearward cameras and you cannot be seen on the phone clearly or it is a white van, how will it be proved?

well if you trigger a red light camera ,i think being on a mobile phone will be the least of your problems. now if it is rearward cameras and you cannot be seen on the phone clearly or it is a white van, how will it be proved?

You original suggestion was that cameras don't catch mobile phone users - but they do.

Your question now has changed the premise somewhat - and the answer has to be, that if the evidence isn't there, then no prosecution. But that would be the same whether it was a camera looking at the back of the van or a Traffic Cop...

Why would Clarkson buy a LHD 600? there are enough RHD cars left - in the UK, Oz and Asia - to get one that wasn't green :crazy:

the plate number can tell if it was speeding.
i am not asking any more questions i am sayin that cameras catching mobile phones will be impossible except there is some speed involved or red light jumping, and it is forward facing.

I am not changing questions or anything like that

Why would Clarkson buy a LHD 600? there are enough RHD cars left - in the UK, Oz and Asia - to get one that wasn't green :crazy:

It states in the original article it was a gift.

There will be no prosecution of Clarkson.

A half-reasonable brief would make mincemeat of an impeding prosecution based on one "photograph" from a mobile phone.
Why the police are even taking an interest is beyond belief. They really must have JC in their sights big time.

And.............WHAT IS the point of this website?

http://www.betterdrivingplease.com/

I dont believe a government body could be so childish and banal. Pointless.

Last edited:
Why the police are even taking an interest is beyond belief. They really must have JC in their sights big time..
I would be very surprised and disappointed if the police were to take any real interest.

Imagine the head-lines if ths person took the picture into the local police station and JC identified them as the driver that took this photograph whilst they were actually driving. What proof and I mean proof is there regarding who took the picture, where and when? What real proof is there that JC was actually on a public highway?

"Yes it was me in a motorway service area".

We alll tend to believe what we want to see and I wonder what the response would have been if this article appeared in the Daily Mail?

Can the Police have said, "Thank you for the picture and we will look into this!" Then when the person walked out of the station they used words similar to our resident carrot scoffer's vocabulary to describe that person attitude?

John

Quote....................

Can the Police have said, "Thank you for the picture and we will look into this!" Then when the person walked out of the station they used words similar to our resident carrot scoffer's vocabulary to describe that person attitude?

Now THAT made me laugh ! ! ! ! !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom