JSK Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J LAD

Car
Maserati Ghibli
Sorry if this has been raised before!
Anybody had any dealings with JSK Racing in China?, have been looking at their carbon fibre products,as they have a good range for the coupe.
I have emailed them for prices, but not sure if they will supply for single items, I get the feeling they will only supply in quantities.

I fancy a nice diffuser if they do one

A couple of questions.

If this stuff is reasonably sensible and is actually Carbon Fibre is there much of a market for it?

What kind of prices would this stuff command?

I ask because we import quite a lot from that particular region of china, we are currently considering diversifying and this would be convenient geographically.

We have a guy out there who would QC and check out reputation and factory facilities etc.

There is stuff like this all over eBay for various marques. You'll find exhausts, decat pipes etc etc too. You'll see the same stock pictures. It's nearly all from alibaba. Buy enough and you can "customise" hence you see logos and different branding on what is basically the same part. This is no different to when I used to go back to HK with the family 20+ years ago and you chose your electronics, DVD player etc and chose your brand and they stuck it on ...

I have a rear spoiler from China. I purchased it about two years ago for about £150 including customs charge. It well made and looks as good today as it did two years ago.

However, I purchased it on the basis it was a gamble and was prepared for the worst. Also it's not solid carbon fibre, rather carbon fibre sheets on a kind of fibre glass base. I'm sure an industry expert could tell the difference a mile off but to me I can't tell the difference.

I have a rear spoiler from China. I purchased it about two years ago for about £150 including customs charge. It well made and looks as good today as it did two years ago.

However, I purchased it on the basis it was a gamble and was prepared for the worst. Also it's not solid carbon fibre, rather carbon fibre sheets on a kind of fibre glass base. I'm sure an industry expert could tell the difference a mile off but to me I can't tell the difference.

What would a UK bought genuine CF spoiler have cost in comparison?

What would a UK bought genuine CF spoiler have cost in comparison?

Can't remember exactly but it was around the £450 / £500 mark.

Yep, lots of fake CF around. Material and build cost of around £15 for most items, as you said, fibre-glass but usually with a carbon fibre vinyl wrap covering it.

Can't remember exactly but it was around the £450 / £500 mark.

If you are deperate enough to buy from CKS, its close to £600:fail.
The UK ones are imported either from China,Taiwan, USA or Germany anyway.

The UK ones are imported either from China,Taiwan, USA or Germany anyway.

Of course they are. This idea of China = fake/rubbish is a little bit last century now.

You can get your fingers burnt, but you've got as much chance of that anywhere these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom