Jump lead points on E Class estate 1999

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edwardharrison

Car
E 200 estate 1999
Hi everyone
Really silly question for all you experts, so please forgive me! I have a 1999 e200 estate. My wife has a golf which has recently been sat on the drive for a while and the battery has gone flat. I have never had to jump start my merc or the golf before, so when I tried I saw the battery was not in the engine compartment on the merc (didn't know this although I have had it many years!) I saw a positive point under a cap under the bonnet which I gather is a charging point, but I was not confident enough to use this to jump the golf. In the end I resorted to trickle charging the golf battery. Can anyone please advise me if I can use this point to jump start another car or indeed, if it is ever necessary, to stat the E class? I guess the negative is the suspension bolt located near the positive ? Sorry for such a dim question but it had to be asked! Thanks in advance. Edward

Yes, that's the charging point. The negative can be any bare metal. I use a bolt which passes through the body near to the positive post.

Battery is under rear right seat. Use it direct to jump another car.

Can be a bit awkward unless you have really really long leads

The points under the bonnet are there solely for this purpose and work fine

Thank you guys. Really appreciate it. Edward

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom