Junge Sterne Guarantee Buying from a German Mercedes dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulXC

SUPPORTER
Car
2018 E220d S213 ||| 2012 E500 4.7 V8 Bi-Turbo Cabrio ||| 2021 Mercedes Sprinter Hymer Camper Van
I'm considering another Left Hand drive car and have been pouring over the ads on Mobile.de & Mercedes.de.

If I buy from a Mercedes dealer it seems that you get a Junge Sterne Guarantee package for 24 months.

This strikes me as a good option on a three or four year old car. Apparently the guarantee is valid Europe wide.

Does anyone have any experience of this - especially in the event of having to make a claim?

Cars under consideration are either a

2012-2103 E350 cdi Cabrio (to replace a RHD 2010 E350cdi Cabrio which I have just sold).

or

possibly a 2012 E500 4.7 bi turbo Cabrio. This is what I really fancy !

or

a full spec 4matic fully optioned 2012 - 2014 E350 cdi estate which would take the pressure off our daily driver which is a 281,000 km owned from new LHD 2006 E320cdi estate.

I have no personal experience about junge sterne, but what I have read in local MB forum it is working very well!

Another nosey parker here that's interested also. I guess you spend plenty of time on the continent?

Well part of my reasoning was I am in the process of planning a trip to Affaltarbach to tour the factory and they are going to arrange my engine maker to have photos with myself and my AMG.

It says you can personally collect a new car from the AMG centre there ordered anywhere in Germany. I was wondering if i could order a rhd from Germany dealer when the time comes and collect at Affaltarbach with all the associates drama that goes with that.

In theory you can order RHD in Germany but I don't think it's cheap. Despite a good exchange rate now I think prices in Europe are quite steep compared to the UK when you spec the car up.

Because I'm nosy how come you buy lhd?

I've had 5 LHD cars over the years, 2 Mercs, 2 VW's and an old 911. I think I just prefer them....

We've had our LHD 320Cdi estate from new and we've done 176K miles in it so we are pretty used to it. We bought when we were living in Spain and it came home with us about 7 years ago.

I briefly had a RHD 2012 E350cdi Estate and found the driving strange - the accelerator pedal was so far offset to the right of the steering wheel coupled with my long legs and sports seats made it one of the most uncomfortable cars I ever driven. I've done some miles in a LHD version of the same car and found the driving position just fine.

My also wife prefers driving LHD to the point where she just wouldn't drive my RHD cars.

We do about 30% of annual mileage in Europe so its not such a mad plan as it sounds! Also the German s/hand cars tend to be pretty well spec'd up and the exchange rate is good at the moment - though its dropped 2% this afternoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom