Just had a knock on the door from Police... Word of warning..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartK

MB Enthusiast
Car
F82 M4
Apparently having a row with someone on the road is now an offence. I was reported for a disagreement I had with someone a few weeks back.

They havnt done anything but if the reporting person wanted action taken you can go to court now. Just saying :thumb:

Not for just arguing surely, unless certain comments were made which police would deem hate crime or otherwise?

If not and its just for arguing, that's ridiculous

The offence would be "road rage" or similar, and unless there were witnesses I can't see it going anywhere.

The offence would be "road rage" or similar, and unless there were witnesses I can't see it going anywhere.

That's what they class it as. Road rage is now an offence.

The copper did say it was basically a waste of her time but if the other driver had wanted to pursue it they could investigate it further.

Dream on.

OP: Did you get out of your car?

I can see them now including dashcam audio as evidence with this. I get road rage daily, my temper on the road is short. However as I'm in my company sign written van most of the time, I painfully have to hold my tongue

If I have to do anything it's a hand gesture from the side so I'm not caught doing anything in the front or rear cams if they have any. Does make you think

I can see them now including dashcam audio as evidence with this. I get road rage daily, my temper on the road is short. However as I'm in my company sign written van most of the time, I painfully have to hold my tongue

If I have to do anything it's a hand gesture from the side so I'm not caught doing anything in the front or rear cams if they have any. Does make you think

Speechless.

Breach of the peace?

I surprised they came to talk to you if they were not actually going to arrest you. What a waste of police resources

Been an offence for many years, nothing new...

"Arguments at the roadside causing another distress/alarm

If a person uses threatening behaviour towards another road user they could face a Section 4 or 5 Public Order offence.

Typically, these offences would involve an allegation of threatening or abusive words or behaviour in a public place with intention to cause another person to believe violence will be used."

Breach of the peace?

I surprised they came to talk to you if they were not actually going to arrest you. What a waste of police resources

Yep total waste especially given I wasn't the instigator.

Been an offence for many years, nothing new...

"Arguments at the roadside causing another distress/alarm

If a person uses threatening behaviour towards another road user they could face a Section 4 or 5 Public Order offence.

Typically, these offences would involve an allegation of threatening or abusive words or behaviour in a public place with intention to cause another person to believe violence will be used."

This

Even if the person who reported the incident wanted action taken, without evidence the whole thing will go nowhere.

They will offer one version of events, you will deny their allegations and offer another version and the CPS will not pursue the matter.

british police do they have time with BS police reports?
swedish copper fokkers don't have any time to investigate all crimes being reported, they instead dismiss them.
being a victim of a crime, it's your problem can't help you that's what police most of the time tell the victims

I don't get the whole roadrage thing. I mean what do you achieve besides raised blood pressure and heart rate?

Yes we need the facts to have an opinion on the incident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom