Just when I decided....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The V6 diesel is by far the better engine than the I4, only get the I4 if you can't find or afford the V6. IMO.

The V6 diesel is by far the better engine than the I4, only get the I4 if you can't find or afford the V6. IMO.
I agree, would have liked to have a V6 myself had it been available. As it is I'm quite happy with the i4.

Both engines are good at what they do. I'm on my 6th V6 Mercedes and the smooth, near silent shove from the big torque engine still makes me grin.
I've had a few 4cyls also, so if your buying with your head, this is a logical choice.
But who buys a convertible with their head??:dk:

I've got a car with the newer 220D coming and found it fairly refined at test drive, but frankly I cringe at myself buying an E-Class with a 4 pot. However the money simply ran out and the alternatives for the money, i.e. an F10 530D BMW or something, were inferior as they've been out a while now.

It was OK for a 4 pot, don't get me wrong; but it's a fairly significant compromise no matter what the reviews say about how the 220D is all you ever need etc. It's just not quick by any stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom