Kenotek Anti-Insect review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markwibbs

Car
Mercedes CLK
Kenotek says: ‘Wax-safe easy removal of insect residues’
I had the opportunity last week to try this on a Ferrari 360 I look after.

Anything that retains the wax the car is protected with and minimises hands on washing is very welcome, so I gave it a go.

As you can see the car was heavily spattered with a variety of insect bodies plus evidence of a couple of larger hits.

The product is supplied in a large, robust yet tactile 1L spray bottle and I sprayed around the affected area. The car was dry and cool. I also did the wing mirrors, no bugs on the rest of the car due to its aerodynamics, it seems.

Left the product to dwell for about 3-4 minutes and ran my finger over a small area to assess how it felt – a bit slimy is all I can say. Then blasted it off with a strong jet of water – I prefer not to use a pressure washer on this car, as its rarely really dirty anyway.

Results: I have to say pretty amazing. The insect bodies just disappeared with the water jet (I left one of the mirrors to wash off with a sheepskin wash mitt and with one wipe they were off). There was simply nothing left. Brilliant, and inexpensive too.

This is now part of my wash routine for the summer – in fact, later on I used it on my silver Range Rover which has none of the aerodynamics and collect insects within yards of being washed.
When washing off here, I could see complete insects floating away, so clearly the product unbonds them somehow.

Looks good, going to buy and try some, thanks!

Very impressive, any links which sites to purchase? Am struggling to find it!

I'm going to get this as my gl is like magnet for bugs. Thanks for posting.

Snow foam will also loosen stuff like that prior to a hand wash.

Any pre-soak product will help but this is specifically made for the job and as you can see, works an absolute treat.

Plus, you dont have to pick the insect shells out of your wash mitt which is a PITA ...its a totally 'hands off' product

Don't mean to rain on your parade, a quick jet wash usually does the job for me, I don't know why people need to pay for something like this.

Looks interesting, will add it to my ever expanding detailing collection ;-)

Don't mean to rain on your parade, a quick jet wash usually does the job for me, I don't know why people need to pay for something like this.

Not everyone has a pressure washer and they aren't recommended for many types of cars - I wouldn't use one on the above car for example, and I've stripped off wheel arch coatings on a mere Honda before with one. Ditto not a great idea on classics.

Its also a case of 'each to his own' and I bet you have a vice that others wouldn't understand - we all do. For some of us, its detailing products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom