Kenwood stereo into 2002 ML400 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stompie

Car
2001 ML 400 CDI
Hi,
Any help will be much appreciated! We've recently bought a 2002 ML400 CDI which came with a big hole where the stereo should be! We'd like to fit our Kenwood KVT-526DVD but have run across a problem getting it to work with the existing BOSE system :wallbash: Can anyone tell me if this will solve it before I spend any more! Connects2 Ltd

Hi,
Any help will be much appreciated! We've recently bought a 2002 ML400 CDI which came with a big hole where the stereo should be! We'd like to fit our Kenwood KVT-526DVD but have run across a problem getting it to work with the existing BOSE system :wallbash: Can anyone tell me if this will solve it before I spend any more! Connects2 Ltd

No it wont. The 2002 ML got the fibre-optic BOSE system. There is an amplifier hidden up by the steering column which connects to the stereo with fibre optic connection only. The speakers connect to the amp.

The BOSE speakers are a silly impedance and so can't be driven properly by amp in a head unit.

Your choice is lots of replacement, or installing a Mercedes COMAND system for the W163, but that is really old tech now.

The easiest thing to do is to replace the door speakers and run wires from them to the new head unit's speaker outputs.

Cheers

Richard

Many thanks Richard, that does sound like the most straightforward answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom