Key blade w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cooks

Car
W124 Coupe,TREK Bike
Hi,can i get a key blade cut for my w124 and use it to start the motor with,or has it got some kind of code on it...:dk:

1995 W124 COUPE,i have one key with the fob which is working but abit TATTY,id rather wait until i have some money in the pocket before i get the whole key/fob from MB dealer...

I hope so. I've just bought a blank from fleabay for mine. It's a 1989 though. A bit more basic than yours.

i wasnt to sure to get one from there..but the guys say you can get a blank cut..fingers crossed,man this a EXPENSIVE hobby..lol

The ebay blank keys will work for both of you.:thumb:

The blanks will probably work but the remote also sets the immobiliser.

does the actuall key/blade have some sort of code on it stopping it to start the motor up...im gona use the key fob to open the motor and use hopefully the new key BLADE to start it up....peeeeoowwww does this make sense..lol...

does the actuall key/blade have some sort of code on it stopping it to start the motor up...im gona use the key fob to open the motor and use hopefully the new key BLADE to start it up....peeeeoowwww does this make sense..lol...

No, the keys on a w124 are not coded.

Is the below the remote that you have?

Dec

KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

The standard keys for W124 , W126 , W201 , W123 and many others are only something like £21 from the dealer . This gets you a brand new key , cut from the chassis no , and not an imperfect copy of an old , worn key cut by someone who repairs shoes and changes watch batteries most of the time .

Be aware also that the ignition lock barrels on these cars can wear with time. If it feels worn and sticky or appears to "jam" sometimes-- get the barrel renewed asap. While the lock barrel still turns its a relatively simple job to replace it. However if its jammed solid and wont turn its a much bigger and more expensive exercise to replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom