Key unblocking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark11

Car
CLK 220 cdi W209
Hi

I have just got a 2008 CLK 20CDI. The last owner had the 2 original keys but informed me that one of them was previously lost and had been reported to Mercedes who blocked it. She later found the key but never got unlocked. Is there a way to unblock this key and if not how much are MB likely to charge for the service?

Any help appreciated

EH? how do they "block" a key that's lost:confused:

I have no idea thats why I'm on here asking.

Its what I was told by the last owner

Never heard of keys been blocked through the airwaves,as that would be the only way to do it,if they could>I think you have been given another cars key.

Thats deff a possibility and I suppose one of the pit falls of buying private. Is it possible to have this coded for my car? is so how much would it cost?

Hi,
Yes they can block keys and have been able to do it since they started using the electronic key so from late 1997.
Regarding re-enabling key, I am not sure, but my gut feeling would be yes, but it would have to be done via. STAR.

Ah,it's been blocked at the car then.they are programmed for three keys,one track(lost one) may have been blocked.I read, reported to mercedes as no intervention to the car.
Sorry I misunderstood.

I've never actually done this but I'm sure in the section in star you can enable keys that have been disabled....

Erasing all old codes from ECU and reprogramme,Golf would cost £174 Qashqai £191 Ford focus£319,Mercedes arm and a leg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom