keyless Go opens doors when wet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted128943

I'm new to Mercedes and Keyless go, my new GLC AMG Line Coupe has keyless go and I've found that when hosing my car down with the keys in my pocket the doors keep unlocking and locking. Obviously the finger sensor senses the water and unlocks the door. This is very alarming, could this happen when it's raining if I walk past the car with the keys in my pocket leaving the car unlocked. I've had 40 years of working on commissioning and calibrating Electrical equipment and find it unbelievable that the keyless go system can't be set up to only sense a finger and not water. Has anybody else experienced this.

Even if it does unlock in the rain and you walk past, as long as you don't actually open a door the car will automatically relock.

I have to remember to leave the key fob well away from the car when I clean it...

You can disable the key by double pressing the lock button once you have locked the car. The little red light on the key fob stays alight for a few seconds to show the key is turned off. You can now wash the car without the water locking/ unlocking it. When you want to return to full keyless go simple press unlock on the fob and it's back into keyless go mode.
Turning the key off by double clicking preserves the battery life and reduces the risk of transmitting to the car when parked up. I store my spare key in the off mode and turn my daily key off when parking up for the night or in areas that I am a little unsure about.

This happened on my previous Beemer as well. It was bloody annoying so I just left the key inside the car when washing the car.

Only happens to me when washing the car; never had it occur otherwise, even in very heavy rain.

My solution when cleaning is, leave the key indoors, having unlocked it first.

Now, to test your nerves, chuck the key on the drivers seat, shut the door and run your hand over the door handle sensor ;)

I'm new to Mercedes and Keyless go, my new GLC AMG Line Coupe has keyless go and I've found that when hosing my car down with the keys in my pocket the doors keep unlocking and locking. Obviously the finger sensor senses the water and unlocks the door. This is very alarming, could this happen when it's raining if I walk past the car with the keys in my pocket leaving the car unlocked. I've had 40 years of working on commissioning and calibrating Electrical equipment and find it unbelievable that the keyless go system can't be set up to only sense a finger and not water. Has anybody else experienced this.

Slight tangent but have you experienced this?

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/whee...onking-juddering-near-full-steering-lock.html

Last edited:
You can disable the key by double pressing the lock button once you have locked the car. The little red light on the key fob stays alight for a few seconds to show the key is turned off. You can now wash the car without the water locking/ unlocking it. When you want to return to full keyless go simple press unlock on the fob and it's back into keyless go mode.
Turning the key off by double clicking preserves the battery life and reduces the risk of transmitting to the car when parked up. I store my spare key in the off mode and turn my daily key off when parking up for the night or in areas that I am a little unsure about.

Tried this but the red light just flashes each time I press the Lock button so assume it hasn't worked?

Tried this but the red light just flashes each time I press the Lock button so assume it hasn't worked?

I tried it and my fob red LED gave a short flash followed by a longer flash which worked...

Only happens to me when washing the car; never had it occur otherwise, even in very heavy rain.

My solution when cleaning is, leave the key indoors, having unlocked it first.

Now, to test your nerves, chuck the key on the drivers seat, shut the door and run your hand over the door handle sensor ;)

Yes mine did it on 20" standard MO tyres but not on 19" MOE run flats....

Yes mine did it on 20" standard MO tyres but not on 19" MOE run flats....

Did you change from 20'' to 19'' size tyres at some point, if so for what reason? Incidentally, what's your general tyre wear been like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom