Kick down causes issue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cymruambyth

Car
I`ve done a search but can`t find anything relevant. When I kick down, it works fine but then after a couple of seconds I get the warnings, ESP inoperable and Tyre pressure monitor system inoperable. It then goes into kinda like a limp mode....it takes ages to pick up and accelerate again.Before I get on to the garage......is there something I could do or check to remedy this?

Everything else is fine. I can put my foot down to the kick down point and it pulls ok with no issues....it`s just when I engage the kick down! Thanks.

My C 270 CDI lose power when I press the kick down, as soon as I release it everything is fine again. The scan said"throttle positioning sensor" I replaces the whole accelerator pedal but it still does the same.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Had my car on star as my kick down stopped working, turned out I have a faulty boost pressure sensor. Getting it replaced later today.
So hopefully it'll be running as it should:thumb:

I`ve done a search but can`t find anything relevant. When I kick down, it works fine but then after a couple of seconds I get the warnings, ESP inoperable and Tyre pressure monitor system inoperable. It then goes into kinda like a limp mode....it takes ages to pick up and accelerate again.Before I get on to the garage......is there something I could do or check to remedy this?

Everything else is fine. I can put my foot down to the kick down point and it pulls ok with no issues....it`s just when I engage the kick down! Thanks.

Sounds something like what mine was doing? I could even put it in sports mode and get it to rev to 4tho plus.
But if I tried to use kick down the revs would sit at 4tho ish and the car would go no where, almost like it had gone into Limp mode?
Take my foot off the pedal and it would shift gear and pick back up.

Sounds something like what mine was doing? I could even put it in sports mode and get it to rev to 4tho plus.
But if I tried to use kick down the revs would sit at 4tho ish and the car would go no where, almost like it had gone into Limp mode?
Take my foot off the pedal and it would shift gear and pick back up.

Mine sounds a bit different. The kick down will work, it just throws up the 2 warnings and is very slow to accelerate. It will get there, just slowly. Once I turn the engine off and restart it`s fine.

Best ringing the garage maybe and use the warranty.....if it`s covered.

Can it be changed down manually Steve? So you're in top gear, can you flick it down one to emulate overtaking/kickdown?

Yes mate. Everything works as it should.....Just that small issue. I've just driven it now and driving in Sport with and without paddles is fast enough anyway. I don't really need the kickdown but i should sort it really :thumb:

I`ve tried this twice now and it no longer does it. Is my car magic and it`s "healed" itself oooooooor....was it maybe, that it wasn`t used to being kicked down (previous owner a doctor so prob never used it haha) and now I`ve done it a few times it learnt to do what I want???? Strange.

It`s back :(

Any ideas????

I fancy you need the codes read to get to the bottom of what is causing the fault.

I fancy you need the codes read to get to the bottom of what is causing the fault.

Yeah...might contact the garage I bought it from and see what they say about claiming on warranty.

Kick down switch under the pedal maybe? Read somewhere they are adjustable

But, if it was an adjustment issue, surely it wouldn`t work? Also, why would the ESP and run flate warnings come on?

Not sure tbh brother and just getting used to these motors myself as it's my first. Might be if it's faulty or needs adjusting it might be causing the way to fart in a similar way to the brake pedal sensor at a guess.

New switches are circa 15 quid off eBay and will look for the thread I read re adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom