Kickdown E220 CDI avantgard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rod3nt

Car
Mercedes E220 CDI Avantgarde
someone please help , bought my car 4 weeks ago finding couple confusing things. 1st was code station & steaming up but think sorted this out.

I need someone to answer this question about Kick down/back what ever you call it. The scenario, travelling at 40mph need to overtake car in front so I use kick down, put my foot to the floor to drop gear to enable speedy overtake!

The problem is the gears immediately go back top gear then back to eg 3rd it won't keep in the lower gear to overtake it just keeps going 4-3-4-3-4-3 until I remove pressure on accelerator!!!! Confused I've had automatics for over 30 years & surely kick down should at least give you good 5 secs in lower gear before changing back up :dk::dk:

Anyone please help

What year is the car? 5speed 'box? If you are at say 40mph,pull the lever to the left and hold it there whilst accelerating, it should drop to the lowest gear available and stay there until it has revved up enough to change gear. I'm trying to see if it goes into limp or whether it is a gearbox fault

Hi bob6600 its on an 08 plate , it just won't stay in lower gear. I could do it manually but if I can do Kickdown then why not

Is the car boosting OK? It sounds like a STAR session is required

Is the turbo working?

If you really have no idea then best to take it to a mercedes independent garage who has STAR (MB) diagnostic equipment and knows how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom