Kleemann manifolds worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
My car currently has an 84mm pulley and EC tune on it. I am wondering if Kleemann headers are worth the £1500 + to buy and fit, plus new tune, when I could get a 77mm pulley and new tune for around 600bhp? Combined the car would make around what, 630bhp at the flywheel (guestimate)?

Cheers.

its already been well posted previously that the more recent Kleemann headers were of very poor quality, and not seen any info to say otherwise, and that aside, their design to fit the US market, means the RHS steering as in the UK, part of the header needs a good flatening to clear the steering rack, again a well sited issue with these headers, I have this myself, but its not ideal as you may imagine, flow restriction:doh: better to source a more recent type header, as already posted up here.
If you were interested in a C63 rear boxes, I have some, they are literally brand new and are already to fit a W211 E55, they were on my car for around 100 miles, and then removed because of the noise. My car has already Kleemann headers, EMP bespoke exhaust, primary cat delete, resonator delete and 200 cell secondary cats, these C63 boxes, were too mental for my car, so had them taken off 2 days after they were fitted.
But will not sell them for the £400 thats been suggested here, they are as new, won,t tell you what they cost, horrendous, but very happy to receive a second hand sensible offer, should anyone be genuinely interested.
Looking at the forum, you seem to have a flood of questions regards your potential modding of your 55, all the very best with it all.:thumb: whilst I personally await the arrival of Alex,s car, good to see a base core of people still interested in playing with their E55,s performance.
Sadly for myself, I have lost the momentum of it all, for my own car, and will be moving on at some point soon, but have a soft spot for these cars, most fun I have had with a car over such a long duration of ownership.;)

Eurocharged shorty headers could be a good compromise, nicely made and no bashing required.
Acid at MSL sourced mine for me, you could do worse than seek his advice..

They look like this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 82
These are mid length like kleemann not shorty

I know plm in the states do shorty headers

What happened to equal length pipes? I always thought the best headers had tubes of equal length from the exhaust port to the collector?

They have been for sale for months. The left muffler looks rough, so do the tips although they'll clean up. I was tempted but passed:D

Tbf there going tobe under the car? they would polish up fine, £500 can get you a complete system with cat, You could buy it and sell the cats for scrap for £100 or so.

Dam im tempted lol

Tbf there going tobe under the car? they would polish up fine, £500 can get you a complete system with cat, You could buy it and sell the cats for scrap for £100 or so.

Dam im tempted lol

:D Don't remind me. Imran kept my cats when they were removed:wallbash:
Very crafty.

What happened to equal length pipes? I always thought the best headers had tubes of equal length from the exhaust port to the collector?

That used to always be the case Peter but it now seems that fit over function is the norm. Alex (as mentioned in post #3 by Ricky) spent an awful amount of hours mocking his up and measuring before he was happy with the result. I suppose a manufacturer can't justify that amount of time getting them right, then having to take the engine out to fit them. ;)

Those EC ones are properly cheap. I take it that they wouldn't release the same power / sound as the Kleemann's?

Does the engine need taking out to fit them?

Gav, those look very second hand, but I guess you get what you pay for!

Those EC ones are properly cheap. I take it that they wouldn't release the same power / sound as the Kleemann's?

Does the engine need taking out to fit them?

Gav, those look very second hand, but I guess you get what you pay for!

Well mine made 550bhp..in conjunction with other mods..

Why is installation cost so high then?

Simply because it takes so long. Getting at the manifold studs isn't easy and I think I read on the US forums it takes around 6hrs labour to do the job.

On the UK RHD cars the o/s manifold needs adjusting (with a hammer) to clear the steering.:eek: Not a lot different to the problems Sam had with his headers it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom