Knocking noise - Only under acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Voidtiger

Car
1999 SLK 200K
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Hi guy's an gals i'm new to the forum but I'm unfortunately looking for help.

Not long bought a Mercedes black hardtop converter - 1999 SLK 200K with around 74000 mile on her.

Within a few weeks of having the car i'm now noticing a knocking or thumping type noise from beneeth the car which sort of sounds like its near where i'm sitting or perhaps just further back coming from under the car.

This only happens under fast accelleration. Under gentle or normal driving there's nothing to be heard.

This car with the top down just begs to be driven but with the knocking starting we're worried we may cause damage if we open her up.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this may be or how i can find out more about it. Perhaps someone on here has had similar issues they may share. Looking for the cause and remedy if possible.

Many thanks
Voidtiger - Aberdeen
[/FONT]

Having gagage check it out on Mon/Tue this week will post results

Thanks for the replies so far guys. The £20 fixing from ebay sounds resonable is this a labour intensive job.. i mean labour wise how many hours am i looking at. I've no ramp/pit or the correct tools to do this job myself any longer.

The engine mount vid with the bonnet open is kinda funny... appreciated. She's going in for fuel line replacements and the breaks are needing looked at also so fingers crossed the bills don't continue to escalate further.

I never paid dear for her but she's making up for it now i see. I did expect a few repairs and replacements at this age even with relatively low miles for a 1999 but i figured the fun, novelty and enjoyment myself and her indoors would get out of the car over the summer would balance that out.

Here's hoping the work that needs doing and a good service are all she's looking for.

On that note does anyone know where on the forum there's a link to the right GREEN STUFF air filters for this make and model.
I think i read on the forum somewhere these were better than standard aftermarket and K&n filters for this car. May have been the US forum i was reading this though it was a few months ago.

Well thanks for putting my mind at rest that it's nothing serious or dangerous ACID@MSL
much appreciated ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom