Koni with standard springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys
Was planing to change the shock absorbers and thinking to go for koni with a standard springs on my clk55
Has anyone ever had koni dampers and are they any good? Or what other options would you suggest?
Any tips advises will be very much appreciated
Thanks

change the springs, I changed the shocks to lorinser bilstiens on my c36 with H&R springs and lower spring pads, the ride was perfect, not loosing any ride quality but still nice and firm around corners.

if you leave the standard springs you may find ride a little saggy around the corners still.

Hi astamir,
From my experience with Koni (yellow), is they are already quite stiff, I would adjust them to their softest setting before fitting and start from there!
Regards,
Chalpkin.

I found a bilsteins a lot cheaper from USA just wondering are there any difference between USA models and Europe model parts of bilsteins?
Thanks

Koni on standard springs is just fine. Done it plenty of times and just about to do it again on my wifes 203 c320cdi. Magic carpet ride.

i have vogtland springs and koni adjustable
this set up is da bomb!

i have the koni's on full stiff and love it, car is not harsh!
way better than factory set up
buy shox from germany, best deals from there, but check in UK first for total price compare
Sandtler Webshop

email them for info

Last edited:
kowalski said:
i have vogtland springs and koni adjustable this set up is da bomb! i have the koni's on full stiff and love it, car is not harsh! way better than factory set up buy shox from germany, best deals from there, but check in UK first for total price compare Sandtler Webshop email them for info
Thanks for the info guys
How do you adjust the koni dampers?
Checked the uk the cheapest I found is £400 and I need to wait 2 weeks at least

Thanks for the info guys
How do you adjust the koni dampers?
Checked the uk the cheapest I found is £400 and I need to wait 2 weeks at least

pop the hood and put the white cap ontop the rod and turn, my tech dude put them on the hardest, car is now very cool to drive.
no ruff ride, no problems at all, she rides like a lowrider gocart!
me like this modification :bannana: :rock: :thumb:

look up the vogtland springs on german ebay for w208 clk430 if there are no for clk55amg
these springs gives a great ride

Last edited:
kowalski said:
pop the hood and put the white cap ontop the rod and turn, my tech dude put them on the hardest, car is now very cool to drive. no ruff ride, no problems at all, she rides like a lowrider gocart! me like this modification :bannana: :rock: :thumb: look up the vogtland springs on german ebay for w208 clk430 if there are no for clk55amg these springs gives a great ride
How much those springs for?
Thanks

I'll leave it with original springs for now ) as I just bought them a few weeks ago)))

kowalski said:
any spring brand will work
So if I will fit the koni now later on I would be able to fit a lowering springs without worrying to change a chocks?
Thanks

i ment any lowering spring brand will work with koni.
it's about your likings of the spring/shock combo then you know if you did a good buy or bust?
before i got my vogtland's, i read all forum threads about H&R, Vogtland, Eibach springs.
there were to many negative reviews of H&R being harsh and bumpy, that put me off, Eibach springs are not available for all cars, there were too many positive reviews on Vogtland's, this was my final choice!
when my car had all components installed and i took my first ride with her, i almost came in my pants, i got a cargasm

koni shox are shorter, they don't match perfectly to your factory springs, risk is that you will wear them out giving them an early death?

koni sells a readymade kit for your car, spring/shock combo
check their website
KONI: sport & dampers for the ultimate road feeling

calculate how much it will cost you to get the full konikit + shipping vs koni shox + aftermarket springs + shipping
buy what costs less

i sent you a link to your pm yesterday, email that german company and ask for koni prices and shipping rates, they are great to deal with

good luck and god speed

Last edited:
Hi guys
Just a quick update
Bought eibach springs here from forum member
The front of the car seats lower then the back by 1.5" the eibach's lowering the back by 30-35mm but thinking to keep the front on original's
For the shocks going to buy bilstein b6 for front and as I'm going to lower the back b8 for the back with eibach springs
Any comments and suggestions before the job is done would be very much appreciated
Thanks

DO NOT MIX THE SPRINGS !!! . Put the eibachs in all round and get the B8 shocks all round. The car will be epic.

DO NOT MIX THE SPRINGS !!! . Put the eibachs in all round and get the B8 shocks all round. The car will be epic.

The thing is the front of the car is low already on stock springs with thinner pads
If I will low the front more it will look slammed

The thing is the front of the car is low already on stock springs with thinner pads
If I will low the front more it will look slammed

Just fit 5 nib spring pads in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom