Kurbed my wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176

Hi all I have damaged my diamond cut wheel.
Am I best having it redone in a lathe or is it best to have the rim vinyl wrapped, the wrap would be an easier and cheaper fix, not if I'll curb them again but when I'll curb them again :crazy:
Cheers :thumb:

Low profile continental's run flat tyres are rubbish.
This is what I damaged my Rim on turning full lock onto parking bay, can't wait to get some decent tyres on the wheels, one thing for sure they won't be run flats or continentals

Lol not really a curb more of a raised flag, im thinking tyre gave way and damaged my Rim
Kurb lol forgive spelling and korning is ace lol

It's very subtle damage I can't even see it. Unless that is a before photo.
I'd personally leave it until it sustained more damage, so it 'averages down' the cost per scrape.

Regarding Continentals your protection rim look beefier than my summer continentals.
Currently I have Continental winter tyres and the protection rims are awesome, they recess the alloys very well. So agree with your logic to choose tyres with deeper rim protectors.

If you car has a full size spare steel wheel I'd swop it for the damaged one and get a new alloy approx £500?

Unfortunatly can't comment on the two techniques you mentioned.

Alloygator rim protection works well but they advise against use on diamond cut wheels due to potential corrosion problems.

TBH the cosmetic damage is minimal so I would just leave it as no doubt there will be more during the lifetime of the tyre.

When the rubber needs replaced then get them tided up then , that is what I am doing with my diamond cut alloys.

The only downside for me is that the rubber is 2.5 years old and still has at least 6mm of good tread remaining so mine will be not be done until 2018 :doh:

Kenny

There's no reason why you can't tidy that up yourself. There's no colour to match so just rub it down with wet and dry and give it a quick squirt of clearcoat and you'll certainly disguise it.

Done it twice on the same wheel both times turning full lock onto parking bay, it's a cobbled road and the layby for park has some raised edging stones where cobbles have become uneven, and some of the bays have upto a 50mm/2" lip and I think the wall of the tyre has kinked over allowing the rim to impact on the raised stone lip?
Cheers for all the replys and advice much appreciated, it is only slightly damaged but it's the first thing I see when I look at that side of the car, but that's the joys of being a fussy merc owner
Cheers

I heard they weren't too good, I've even seen a car with half hanging off looking awful in the flesh.
Your scuff is tiny compared to the one I did last week.. I took out half my polished rim..... as in from 9 to 3 on the clock face as you look....gutted.

Thanks uumode didn't take in your bit on alloygators, never thought of them coursing corrosion, but thinking about it they'll hold water next to rim costantly,
Think I'll get the wheel refurbished when I get tyres replaced
Thanks for all the advice and help cheers

Done it twice on the same wheel both times turning full lock onto parking bay, it's a cobbled road and the layby for park has some raised edging stones where cobbles have become uneven, and some of the bays have upto a 50mm/2" lip and I think the wall of the tyre has kinked over allowing the rim to impact on the raised stone lip?

Could it be the castor angle tipping the wheel over on full lock. Avoiding full lock if that's possible might help.

Could it be the castor angle tipping the wheel over on full lock. Avoiding full lock if that's possible might help.

Cheers for advice Pal, yeah since doing it twice and working out what I've done it on, I now straighten up the wheels so I don't hit at full lock and also approach a lot slower or even reverse into bay now

A friend fitted some of those Rimblades on his Z4.....had them on about 15 months now, seem to be holding up quite well, they have some kerb rash but his wheels are OK, and at £25 a pop, a cheap replacement and preservation method, my diamond cuts will be going in for refurb soon, I'll prolly fit a set after that.

I have just fitted the Edition 1 center caps. Got them off flea bay 50 quid ish, can get them in white black and red, think they set wheels off nicely.
Was thinking of doing the amg logo inlay in Red or Yellow paint, done them in a easy wipe of water Base paint see what they look like ?
What you lot think should I paint or leave alone
Thanks for you thoughts and criticism cheers

I think the red centre cap looks better, the traditional MB cap looks 'lost' against the wheel !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom