KV54 UVX CLK500 any info ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys!
Does anyone know the car with the reg KV54 UVX or the owner might be here on the forum.
Trying to chase as much as possible info like SH and previous jobs ahs been done.
Thanks in advance fellas.))

Slight corrosion to steel pipes in 2011

Slight play to near side front wheel bearing in 2012

Undertrays and engine cover obscuring items in 2013 & 2014

Offside rear tyre worn close to legal limit in 2015

Tax expired June last year, MOT till next month.

159,250 miles on the clock in 2015. First used on the road in 2004, on Thursday 16th September in Northampton

About as much as I can find for free

Slight corrosion to steel pipes in 2011

Slight play to near side front wheel bearing in 2012

Offside rear tyre worn close to legal limit in 2015

Tax expired June last year, MOT till next month.

159,250 miles on the clock in 2015. First used on the road in 2004, on Thursday 16th September in Northampton

About as much as I can find for free

That's impressive. How did you get that? Do share :D

I found an Mb invoice to Mr. A. Walsh from east London with phone number on it texted to that number with no reply.
Hi might be busy and I hope will get a reply later.
The other thing is I bought it cat d damaged from the famous salvage auction site.
Therefore no logbook will have to apply and wait.
Thanks for the replies and keep more coming in if anyone knows anything just drop me a line please

I've seen this on a few MOT histories and am a bit confused.

The items are, I assume, OEM so why don't they crop up every year?

Also, if they are likely to hide potential fail items should they not be removed and the item inspected / modified to permit inspection / be a fail. If not why mention it?

Also, if they are likely to hide potential fail items should they not be removed and the item inspected / modified to permit inspection / be a fail. If not why mention it?

Different testers, different results.

I suspect posterior covering.

MOT testers are not allowed to remove anything to inspect underneath, hence they leave comments.

Sort of posterior covering, but the tester is not allowed to do any dismantling, so I understand why they do it.

Yes, of course.

My point was in response to why it wasn't always mentioned though...

DickiPhitt said:
I've seen this on a few MOT histories and am a bit confused. The items are, I assume, OEM so why don't they crop up every year? Also, if they are likely to hide potential fail items should they not be removed and the item inspected / modified to permit inspection / be a fail. If not why mention it?

I've always wondered that myself :eek:

Testers aren't allowed to remove coverings , lift carpets etc .

It is becoming the norm to record such comments .

Well some test stations,report the fact that our cars are shrouded underneath,it is not in their remit to remove the covers and so some record a advisory on the MOT,I suspect many members of here find and use a MOT station that does not record this,I drive 12 miles to a test station who do not record the shrouding,not sure I would have bought a 150,000+ CLK cat d 54reg,okay it must have cost less than £2 grand I hope this turns out right for you.

astamir said:
It had a private plate E2PRR

That numberplate was first registered jn Nottingham 1988...

Registered onto a coupe CLS Wednesday 2nd March 2005

See how private plates jumble up the information :)

Would a 2005 car have digital service record? If so, you can ask for it from your local MB dealer

Any car serviced at a dealership in recent years does : my local dealership provided me with the full printed service history for my W124 , from original PDI to a couple of months before I bought it . That was back around 2005 and for a 1990 car .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom