KwikFit 25% discount on 4 Michelin Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stats007

MB Enthusiast
Car
575M
I see KwikFit are offering this discount again - 15% off of 2 tyres - 25% off of 4. I know they're expensive to start with but this discount makes them the cheapest I've seen and they're doing MoTs (booked online) for £45 and aircon re-gas for the same.

I was thinking of Pirelli PZero Rossos (Porsche N4 fitment) but as an example 2 x 225/40/18 + 2 x 265/35/18:

Michelin Pilot Sport N1 £668.00
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 £693.50

Does anyone have any experience of these tyres on a Porsche or otherwise?

FWIW I printed off the KwikFit quotation with the 25% discount, and a local tyre centre that was closer than KF happily beat it (dropping £100 from their previous 'best price' :rolleyes:).

That was on four Michelin Primacy HPs for our Audi.

I see KwikFit are offering this discount again - 15% off of 2 tyres - 25% off of 4. I know they're expensive to start with but this discount makes them the cheapest I've seen and they're doing MoTs (booked online) for £45 and aircon re-gas for the same.

I was thinking of Pirelli PZero Rossos (Porsche N4 fitment) but as an example 2 x 225/40/18 + 2 x 265/35/18:

Michelin Pilot Sport N1 £668.00
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 £693.50

Does anyone have any experience of these tyres on a Porsche or otherwise?

Frankly, I wouldn't trust them with MoT's, I can barely trust our local one to get tyres right.

A friend took his MG ZR there, and was surprised to have it fail on shock absorbers. I went back with him to ask why, and their "test" was to lift the car off the floor until the wheels were just clear, stick a tyre lever underneath the tyre and waggle it around - this apparently somehow proving that the shock was dead.

Clearly they've never heard of the terms "operating range", and this is frankly the most unorthodox method I'd ever encountered...the local MoT station assessor thought so too, and made the franchise retake their assessment :rock:

Have a look at mytyres.co.uk, Michelin N1's -

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Michelin[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Summer tyres[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Pilot SPORT N1[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]225/40 R18 ZR Rim-protection, N1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] *[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 132.20
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Michelin[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Summer tyres[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Pilot SPORT PS2[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]225/40 ZR18 92Y XL Rim-protection, M0, RRBL[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]*[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 134.50
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

That price includes delivery (from Hamburg in about 4/5 days or less). You need to get them fitted, I was charged £5 per wheel locally for fitting, valve and balance on four. My family uses MyTyres every time now

I'd already looked at mytyres - they're more expensive for the rears (£191.70) than blackcircles.

Then there's the issue of actually getting the tyres to a fitting place - they won't fit in a Porsche!

Then there's the issue of actually getting the tyres to a fitting place - they won't fit in a Porsche!
You get a choice of fitters by postcode on the delivery section of the mytyres order page, you have the tyres delivered there.

Still no cheaper than KwikFit when you pay for fitting! Worth knowing though.

Give Mitcheldever a ring, they will be cheaper and they also do a FULL geometry check, with lasers for 30ish pounds.

Micheldever Tyre & Auto Services Micheldever Station Winchester, Micheldever Station, SO21 3AP, 01962 774437 ...

I have been using Martin for a couple of years now, he is near Woking

Tel No 01276856846. My Dunlop's for the SClass 245 / 45 / ZR18

£111.00 each all in.

I went to Micheldever last time. They're good - though the £40 in petrol negated any real saving. A full geometry check isn't £30 either - It starts at £27 and increases depending on how much adjustment they need to make.

They had fun with the track rods on the SL:

Micheldever.jpg

Mytyres £127.20 for the Dunlop Maxx.

Looks like Peter has a gem - £608 all in for Michelin Pilot Sport N1s - he does alignment too :bannana:.

I have P Zero Rossos ... 225/45/17 's

Seem nice, not too noisy , seem to be fairly hardwearing ( although my 230 ce isn't going to tax them much ;) ) ... good grip ....

Look nice too ...

Costco are always very competitive for Michelin, and they can't be beaten when they do their recurrent special-offer deals (usually min. 4 and max. 8 tyres per account). Their prices include fitting, but the work quality I experienced persuaded me to get the next lot fitted elsewhere, even if it does cost extra. Four 205/65/15 Pilot Primacy cost me £242.48 last November, which undercut my usual source (Micheldever) by so much that there was no contest.

But, of course, you have to be a member, although the subscription is worth it if you buy enough tyres, oil (Mobil 1 and others) and accessories (superb trolley jacks), not to mention the rest of their product lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom