KWIKFIT for oil change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While the price is average i would not bother going there to get my oil change done. I know someone who went their to have a service done and when they changed the air filter they didn't install it correctly. this lead to the drainage pipe of the plenum chamber being blocked.

They can install tyres and do wheel alignments but they arent much good for other things.

Oh and i can confirm they use Fuch Titan oil.

I'm sure Kwikfit are not perfect but all garages can and do make mistakes. I expect the standard of service at any outlet will depend on the quality, training and mangement of the staff.
I remember once the manager at an ATS depot having words with his staff after a customer came back with a loose wheel. these things shouldnt happen but most things are susceptable to human error.
Still dont know who fits tyres properly though!!

I'm wary of the supplying dealer doing the correct job, let alone kwikfit. They were adamant that the car I intended to buy didn't need the transmission oil change, despite me running the details through the MB service schedule service and MB HQ tech. dep. They relented when I said I wasn't going to buy it till it was done or I take off £350 off the deal. I also asked for a copy of the workshop invoice to sales showing the type of oil, quantity and gaskets too .... The longevity of the 7G GB is quite dependent on the quality and cleanliness of the oil.

If you have to use them, i would recommend National. Oil change at around 40 pounds which they also use fuch or castrol. Shame they dont do my amg, otherwise i use use them any day.

I had not been to KF for years, owing in part to all the horror stories I have read on here, however, I took two wheels to have new tyres fitted (As a matter of course) baring punctures I always remove/refit the wheels myself. I watched the people working while I waited. I was pleasantly surprised to find them using a torque wrench when refitting wheels to customers cars. The air wrench was only used to remove wheel nuts. I also noted that when required to sit in a customers car a seat cover and paper mat was used. Whilst finishing my free coffee I was asked what pressure I would like in my tyres. All in all I was impressed with what I saw. Would I trust them to do an oil and filter change?????
The Suzuki yes.....The CL no.

My local KF is squeaky clean nowadays. And I mean squeaky...I've not seen a cleaner more organised operation in a long time.

I took a wheel in for repair last Saturday...10 minutes...and I could watch and discuss what he did. I am very impressed with the new approach. The tyre was removed for the repair and he was very careful not damage the new wheel...and balanced it after.

They are not all monkeys.

Not sure they can actually screw up an oil change, can they? Not used them for tyres for years as they do not stock the rubber I want and do not have 4 wheel alignments

Dad took his ML320 to our local Kwik-Fit for an oil change, they ordered the correct spec Mobil1 oil.

After driving from the shops, the oil light came on! Turns out they didn't put enough oil in. Main dealer for me... :eek:

Not sure they can actually screw up an oil change, can they?

They sucked the ATF instead of engine oil out of one members car. Knew they'd done it and didn't tell him.

It would also be easy for them then to break the oil filter housing or not fit the filter / housing correctly (having said that, mine leaked from new).

Last ( and only ) time I used KF they did an oil change and neglected to put the filler cap back on. 10 miles later……

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom