Ladies Watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Right, it's quite obvious that there are a few people here who know a thing or two about watches; and I know nothing about watches. So I thought I would ask a group of people who clearly know better.

I need to buy a watch as a present for a lady in her 60s. She likes the classic two-tone design (like the 1970/80s Seiko ladies watch, which she had until it broke).

All I know of her tastes is that she liked that style, and isn't a fan of jewel encrusted watches.

I'm thinking something that doesn't have a battery (perpetual things), but am open to suggestions.

Budget isn't massive at around £500.

Any ideas? I saw a tissot which seemed to fit the bill; but was wondering if there were other suggestions...
M,

As Piff suggests, a tudor is a nice way to go for the classic look with a bit of genuine patina.

May I also recomend a Longines Conquest Automatic, another design classic but a little less delicate looking than some tudors.

Love that cartier watch, looking around there seem to be quite a few fakes though, so would need to buy from a reputable seller...

Though should a present be new? Or is it acceptable for watches to be used?

M.

Spinal said:
The most important part of giving gifts is the thought (and effort) that the giver expends in choosing something truly appropriate for the recipient. Whether the gift is new or "pre-owned", or whether if cost £1 or £1,000 is irrelevant.

M.

One thing I looked at in the past but never followed it through was the possibility of buying a vintage watch of a significant age.
For example, made in the year of someones birth or the year they got married. etc, etc.

Very difficult, I bought my wife several watches including vintage Omega and Rolex and all were OK but she needed to choose her own in the end, I still bought it of course but she decided on the watch, she now has a lovely Omega My Collection bi metal be-jewelled wrist embellisher and she loves it, funnily enough now though she seems to appreciate a couple of the vintage watches since having the new Omega.....go figure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom