Lane assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chady

Car
E220cdi sport w212
My e220 has what looks like a camera lens pointing forwards

Some one told me it's some lane assistant.

And that if I drift across a white line the stealing who'll will vibrate......

It doesn't lol

So is the camera just fitted as standard and connected if paid for via an extra?

Or it should have and it's not working??

Thanks all.

Hope you had a good weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have lane assist on my C class and I've yet to feel it vibrate.
It does steer me back into lane though, maybe because I have distronic+ cruise (I'm not sure). My car can steer by itself following the lanes.

That camera position is used by (different) cameras that can do
Lane Assist,
Active Lane Assist (the one that steers you back in)
Traffic Sign assist (and the earlier Speed limit assist)
Headlamp Assist

So you have one of those.

We (i.e, alfie - comand.co.uk) can retrofit different cameras and different functionality depending on the horribly complex matrix of different cameras with different features and different software licences !!

Cheers

Richard

I have lane assist on my C class and I've yet to feel it vibrate.

Maybe your lane assist is connected to your 'Max' de-mist button. :doh:

Ant. :D

Maybe your lane assist is connected to your 'Max' de-mist button. :doh:

Ant. :D

The vibration is reasonably obvious. On earlier cars (such as my W166 and W176) it can be turned off in the instrument cluster (well, theres a couple of different modes) - check that is on. I imagine even if off, it may still have the active function for safety purposes.

R

Hehe. It's ok Richard. It was a lil joke aimed at uumode. He's having steering vibrations when switching on his max demist function.

Ant.

Hi guys.

Thanks

I have no buttons for it so I assume I don't have it!

I do have headlight assist where it controls the high beam automaticity.
That works really well.

That camera position is used by (different) cameras that can do

Lane Assist,

Active Lane Assist (the one that steers you back in)

Traffic Sign assist (and the earlier Speed limit assist)

Headlamp Assist

So you have one of those.

We (i.e, alfie - comand.co.uk) can retrofit different cameras and different functionality depending on the horribly complex matrix of different cameras with different features and different software licences !!

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard so you can only have one function depending on the camera.

Or can you add other functions? And how complicated is it?

Thanks

There's a big matrix I have made with what camera does what.

If you have just headlamp assist, you have the basic camera and the camera (expensive) will need to change plus software and if you want lane assist a load of expensive hardware.

Richard

Thanks.

I'll leave it then not really that fussed about it.

If it was quick easy and cheep I might have done it

Thanks though

Jamie

Richard, Ive got lane assist, and speed assist ( it reads the speeds signs and pops them up on the dash) - what else is this camera capable of? Is it a huge retrofit or software upgrade?
Thanks in advance.

Richard, Ive got lane assist, and speed assist ( it reads the speeds signs and pops them up on the dash) - what else is this camera capable of? Is it a huge retrofit or software upgrade?
Thanks in advance.

If you have ILS it's capable of doing high beam assist. Theres a software licence , software updates. Coding etc. No new hardware though

R

If you have ILS it's capable of doing high beam assist. Theres a software licence , software updates. Coding etc. No new hardware though

R

Yes thanks Richard - Ive got that too... for some reason I think that the camera should do more... I have however no idea what! Is there an engineer mode to see what it sees or am I thinking its not kind of camera?

Yes thanks Richard - Ive got that too... for some reason I think that the camera should do more... I have however no idea what! Is there an engineer mode to see what it sees or am I thinking its not kind of camera?

Its not that kind of camera, most of the functionality is built into it and it just sends CANbus signals of what to do to the rest of the car.

There is nothing else it does :)

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom