Largest 1l Car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I'm looking for a cheap car... age/looks not an issue. The catch is, the engine size needs to be under 1 litre.

I considered a Fiat 126p; for it's looks... but came to the conclusion that it's just too small for my plan.

Next I considered a classic Panda 4x4... but I'm thinking someone may have a better idea?

So, I'm looking for the largest car with a 1l litre engine, that is considered "reliable" (it will need to drive several thousand miles in one trip).

Ideally, parts should be common/cheap (I will be replacing springs and shocks before leaving)...

Bonus points for cruise control, air con and as few electrical gubbins in the engine...

M.

Sorry, possibly not an overly helpful suggestion, but...........

Any Kitcar or classic Mini with a Honda Fireblade :D engine?

Panda 4x4's fetch big money these days, even cruddy ones. Not what I'd call a "cheap" car unless you buy a real shed.

My boss just sold an X reg 1 litre Corsa (that he bought for the kids to learn to drive in) for £600. Not much to look at, and very basic (less to go wrong) but apparently it was as tough as old boots and never went wrong.

They were talking about putting the 1 litre EcoBoost into the Mondeo so I reckon that'd be the biggest 1 litre you can find, maybe outside the budget though.. :D

Cheers,

Gaz

Are you doing the Mongol rally ?

We were going to do this a few years back , and we settled on a Bedford rascal type van. You can sleep in it , carry loads of spares and spare wheels in it , has a nice long 5th gear and if you need to work on it a few of you can tip it on the side to work underneath.

1litre too ;)

Fiat Punto, VW Polo, Ford Fiesta, Vauxhall Corsa…….did the Volvo 340 come in 1l?

Daewoo Matiz, Peugeot 206

Volvo 340 -no 1 litre
You could get early Golf Mk2s in 1.0 litre
Asian mkts have Nissan Bluebird 1litre
Daihatsu Hijet 1.0 litre and 6 seats
Transit Tourneo must be largest 1 litre currently on sale

Cinquecento or Seicento 900cc?

Early Yaris' came in 1l, also Suzuki Swift

-t

Vauxhall Corsa for reliability if its got a/c and you switch it on it may stop

I wouldn't touch a matiz if it was free!

The bedford van (and the suzuki carry) seem like ideal options, just need to check if I can find spares!

Howard; bang on the mark there! Just putting together some figures at this stage to see if I can hop onto this July's departure or should wait until the next...

M.

Toyota Yaris or an early three pot Suzuki Swift.

Suzuki Carry FTW !!!

Check the............

Front wheel bearings
Aux/steering belts
Wiring at fuse box to starter/alternator
Exhaust mounts for corrosion

I wouldn't touch a matiz if it was free!

The bedford van (and the suzuki carry) seem like ideal options, just need to check if I can find spares!

Howard; bang on the mark there! Just putting together some figures at this stage to see if I can hop onto this July's departure or should wait until the next...

M.
You can get 4x4 versions of these 'sooty' vans too but not sure if they would be in the right price range.

Mk2 Polo breadvan. Available in LHD and easy to get parts...
-t

Vauxhall Agila. Not much to look at, but economical, reliable and lots of space (especially for a small car)

i like these kei -motorhomes

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlUv-Hu4N2U

Trouble is , if the rules are the same as when I looked into it a few years ago , you have the leave the vehicle in Mongolia as a 'gift' to the charity.

Hence why you don't want to spend too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom