Last minute holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
Wifey's not been too well for the past few months but she is now looking much better so I was thinking of taking her on a quick holiday next week. 7 days, somewhere in the Med, shortish flight.
Has anyone ever done one of those last minute deals where you don't know which resort you'll be staying at? If so, was it any good?
Where is the best place to book such a deal or should I stick with named accommodation?

I did this a long time ago as a student both to the Caribbean and Ibiza - luck of the draw really. For the extra money I'd get named accommodation or you could be fighting chavs for two weeks.

Have to Agree with stats, but sometimes you can be lucky... Got a triple A apartment in Kefalonia doing this, but it's a bit of a lottery. Better Still booked flight only to Kos £70 return. Asked local taxi driver for somewhere good to stay. Beechside apartment £100 for the week. How Brave do you feel??

Hope Wifey's ok, Best Wishes
Steve

Last edited:
As others have said, bit of a lottery. We've done it twice, once good, once not so good. But it was only the food that was iffy and we could easily eat out.
Pick named accommodation if you can and research the hotel on the web.

Teletext holidays is usually good but you could try here. It's a holiday clearing house about half a mile from me and usually awash with bargains.

Well, I'm back.
Did a last minute, allocation on arrival deal with Tompson. Guaranteed 4T, self catering.
Ended up in Praia Da Rocha, Algarve.
Very nice, new, 2 bed apartment. Bit of a hike to the beach but nice nonetheless.
algarve1.jpg

Place was quiet as it's the end of season but that's just what we wanted.
This was the beach at midday
algarve.jpg

£2.50 taxi ride (in a W124 estate!) took us here..
algarve2.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations and I bet you had a good look at those very nice boats on the marina! :cool: :)

Regards,
John

looks nice n relaxing, could do with a bit of that too. Pleased you had a good time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom