Lazy Man's Detailing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GH421

Car
W221 S320L Cdi
What's the best products to use on a cheapish budget for a lazy bugger who doesn't want to spend half his day detailing his car or going to a valet person?

At the moment I wash the car normally at my total jet wash and give it a polish

it still doesn't come out blinging though. should I wax the car too? Any products? Methods + techniques?

best thing. is get you self down to halford buy the megiurs clay kit. meguirs stage 1 and 2 and then get the autoglym hd wax

My lazy man technique is:

rinse dirty off car
shampoo
rinse
dry
Autoglym Polish
Autoglym Wax

less than 2 hours usually

edit: I agree that the Meguiars clay kit is very good.....though not very quick

yes the claying isnt that quick but without it the polishing and the wax make not so much difference. esspecially as the ag agp has barely any cutting action and is mainly a filler.

Last edited:
yes the claying is that quick but without it the polishing and the wax make not so much difference. esspecially as the ag agp has barely any cutting action and is mainly a filler.

You've posted a few good threads on car detailing.

Any chance of a How-to guide?

No detailing in this thread so far....

Where is the tyre wall black, polishing the exhaust tip or scraping the floor mat carpet into exquisite patterns with an old credit card?

:bannana:

'Lazy Man's Detailing '......must be a contradiction in itself.

If you remove all the elbow grease you're just left with regular car washing surely?

and wheres all the brushes made from unicorn nose hairs??? and all the other extravagant cleaning utensils used to charge you a bomb to clean your car?

'Lazy Man's Detailing '......must be a contradiction in itself.

If you remove all the elbow grease you're just left with regular car washing surely?

Heck no... there's my car, there's washed and polished and then there's detailed!

Detailing is the obsessive attention to seeking out and removing even the smallest speck of dirt.

Lazy man's detailing is a car wash surely as there is no easy way to detail, let alone just washing the car.

My Lazy Man's Detailing Kit:

msl-thumbnail.php

Oh corned, you really haven't got this detailing thing down...

Your Karcher is missing its foaming attachment :doh:

This is the detailing police!

Step away from the car and put that obscene looking implement on the ground...

NOW M@t!XXuXXa!!!

What's the best products to use on a cheapish budget for a lazy bugger who doesn't want to spend half his day detailing his car or going to a valet person?

At the moment I wash the car normally at my total jet wash and give it a polish

it still doesn't come out blinging though. should I wax the car too? Any products? Methods + techniques?

If you are talking wash and wax,under an hour,then I use Zymol Auto Wash - which does not strip the car harshly and rinse off and dry with a microfibre cloth - then apply Zymol 'field Glaze' - this is a water dispersed carnauba based wax,in a spray bottle,spray on and it wipes on and off easily with a microfibre cloth/pad - fast,effective,but like all zymol products not cheap,but a lovely result in under 1 hour.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom