Lazy Question re W203 Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Muppetz

Car
2015 E350 AMG Night Premium in Black
;)

Does the 2007 W203 C Class have lamp or dashboard indication with either front or rear pads are worn ?

When mine was last in for service (17k) the chap said that the pads would only last another 2 or 3k.. I'm now on 23.5k and no lamp indications are showing (although there is the occasional noise on braking now, hence me raising the question...)

;)

Does the 2007 W203 C Class have lamp or dashboard indication with either front or rear pads are worn ?

When mine was last in for service (17k) the chap said that the pads would only last another 2 or 3k.. I'm now on 23.5k and no lamp indications are showing (although there is the occasional noise on braking now, hence me raising the question...)

Your car has a double wire system, and when the pads need changing the lamp will come on and stay on until they are replaced

Your car has a double wire system, and when the pads need changing the lamp will come on and stay on until they are replaced

Ta, and is that for front and rear ? I only ask as my Audi A4 only had sensors on the front (which struck me as crazy) and so when the rears went they ruined the discs...

Ta, and is that for front and rear ? I only ask as my Audi A4 only had sensors on the front (which struck me as crazy) and so when the rears went they ruined the discs...

Your fronts will always wear before the rears, many newish cars now have the rear sensors,,but I cant answer directly as my number 2 computer is not on

I must admit I am amazed because I am on 46,000 miles and not changed any pads or discs.....and the brakes still work......:)

I must admit I am amazed because I am on 46,000 miles and not changed any pads or discs.....and the brakes still work......:)

This shows you to be a sensible driver. :):):)

Most SL need pads and disc at 25k though I have only driven from 15k and am now at 26k there is no sign of me needing new disc.

I always fit EBC pads when I buy the cars

My Alhambra went 99k miles before needing front discs & pads. Rears went to 150K!!

My C Class is on 44k and looking at the fronts discs I think they will need changing at the next service (~3000mls)

This shows you to be a sensible driver. :):):)

Most SL need pads and disc at 25k though I have only driven from 15k and am now at 26k there is no sign of me needing new disc.

I always fit EBC pads when I buy the cars

If I was THAT sensible I would get more than 15,000 miles out of a set of rear tyres....lol

what are EBC pads? Are they better than MB ones? How much extra are they ?

what are EBC pads? Are they better than MB ones? How much extra are they ?

Greenstuff are made with kevlar instead of metal particles.

This reduces disk wear and significantly reduces brake dust, which in turn doesn't burn into the wheel lacquer due to not being hot metal.

I fitted them all round and have no regrets and they will be going on Mrs Dm's car once thay are worn down enough to warrant replacement.

And the cost versus MB ones ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom