Leaky fuel lines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
I've (finally) done some investigation on my weird smell and there is diesel around the low pressure fuel inlet and return pipes and also around the bottom of the high pressure pump, hopefully it's only because of gravity!

I gave the whole area a wipe with a rag, and despite waiting for a decent while there was no palpable leak. I ran the engine for a few minutes and I still couldn't see any leak. Only when the engine had been stopped for maybe 15 seconds could I feel fuel around the unions. The pipes appear to be in good condition, still flexible and no obvious cracks.

How are the fancy looking clips removed and/or tightened? I didn't want to start digging around with a screwdriver to lever them off if there is a clever way of doing it.

Is it just a question of tightening or maybe replacing the clips, are the knurled connectors on the HP pump prone to leaking, and if so is there a fix?

All information and advice is very welcome.

As an aside, the squirrels had parked some chestnuts along the inlet manifold and cylinder head, so if anyone fancies some roast chestnuts......

Attachments

• Fuel pipes wide.jpg
    Fuel pipes wide.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Fuel pipes tight.jpg
    Fuel pipes tight.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Replace the pipes and the clips. they should be in stock at your local dealer. The clips can be pushed together with pliers. They used to be a very very common problem when the 211 came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom