Leaky injector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexmoon

Car
W211 270CDi
My W211 270 CDi has a 'blowing' injector. I noticed a whiff of diesel/oil over the past week or so and took engine cover off yesterday and fired her up. Injector nearest oil cap was blowing – although there wasn't a lot of black mess around it, just a little bit. Booked it in to my (non-MB) mechanic who said he would order a new injector. Does it need a new injector or just the seal replacing? He also said he needed to get a special tool to get it out. Is there no other way of doing it? Your help appreciated

I think there is a special tool to replace the injectors. As an alternative to a new one, you could get the original one reconditioned. United Diesels (see the www) are a good place to get this done.

When you say "blowing" do you mean that the diesel is coming out of the pipe union no the injector?

Yip, so I take it that's a leaking seal then?

leakege injector

hi firstly i would like to say the injector have some caps but they are not tightly so this cause also leakage petrol and diesel so firstly you have to go garage and you tell him problem im sure they will help you all the best

I guess so - but it could have damaged the injector and/or head in some way so best to get it checked over. To be honest I've never heard of that problem!

BTW what's that in Diana's post? Is it a tarted-up Skoda?

From what you have described, it seems to be an injector seal that's gone. Doesn't need a new injector, just a new MB copper seal and clamp bolt. But all mating surfaces need to be clean and true otherwise it could come back.

As above.

A new injector is not needed. A new seal, bolt and a re-cut of the head is all.

The re-cut of the seat is very important as it will come back.

Thanks for that guys. Job getting done on Monday. Will keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom