Leaving 6310i in the cradle - power drain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Evening all

My car has pre-installed phone and uses 6310i. If I leave the phone ON and in the cradle, while the car ignition is off, will this be a drain on the battery? i.e. overnight

Thanks.

Marc

If your car battery is (for example rated at 60amp/hr) then, in theory, providing the battery is in as new condition and fully charged, you should be able to use a device rated at 2 amps overnight and still be left with more than enough to start the car in the morning.
I suspect your charger probably drains no more than 250mA per hour at 12 volts (just looked at my phone charger and its half that). Therefore, in theory, you could leave in on charge for about 5 days continuously with no problem.
So the short answer is it will be fine.
Yes, it will drain the battery a little, but no more than leaving the parking lights on for about 4 hours.
Not a problem unless your battery is almost dead.

Last edited:
If it's an MB installation then it should turn itself off after a while.

It does in mine (UHI cradle in W203). Only thing is that it doesn't always turn on again on startup and it's not obvious unless you think to look.

Yup the pre-wire in our Vito turns the phone off after a relatively short time. You can change the default delay by putting a contact in the phone called "nachlaufzeit", with the number being the time in minutes. No problem with it turning on again, this is triggered by unlocking the doors I think ... it certainly comes up with the PIN request before starting the engine.

Im sure it turns itself off after 20 mins. When the car is restarted it will turn itself back on.

The "Run-on time" timer should work with this set-up too, one can set the time it takes for the phone to switch off from one minute to something like 20 to 30 minutes.

Brilliant. Thanks to all for the feedback.

I'll feedback after the RAC have jumpstarted tomorrow :D

Just love this forum.................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom