LED canbus side light fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jcdj

Car
W211 E Class
Hey all changed out the side lights on my w211 lights up and works but there is a fault message, I have swapped the bulbs around and tried them both ways around and the same fault is there.

The car has had a bump there a few years ago and the wiring has been modified as the head light was replaced, is it a bumper off to get the light out might solder the wire and remove the spade connectors, could there be corrosion on the connector making the resistance making a fault show, was ok with the normal bulb.

They need to be error free. MB member killerHERTZ sorted me out with ones before - work perfectly

If the light is working, then the issue is as others have said - there's lots of Canbus error-free LEDs on Fleabay. I bought a pair for my 211 and they work fine, with no errors.

Funny thing is I got 2 pairs of the festoons (number plate leds)
first set went into my w203 class no problem
2nd set went into my W164 work but with errors, reversed them still work but with errors again.
Figure that one out, as leds are supposed to only work in one direction.

If there is a simple bridge circuit built in, they can work any way round :).
Don't know if that is the case, but it would only cost pence at manufacture to put that in.

Hey yeah error free bulbs reading up sometime on certain car they need a resistor but both sides are showing as faults sometimes they don't show up, I'll just live it for now I will work it out

Hey yeah error free bulbs reading up sometime on certain car they need a resistor but both sides are showing as faults sometimes they don't show up, I'll just live it for now I will work it out

It will be temperature related generally. Some leds work fine when warm but play up when it's cold.

I have changed my sidelights and interior lights to LED's.

Make sure the sidelights are error free canbus ones, interior lights you will need to attach a resistor to as otherwise they will just flicker or shut down... I don't get and errors at all from a drivers point of view however STAR does show that all the interior bulbs have blown.

I have change num plate bulb with led's twice... first led's last for a month and have sides +, -... but second time i buy better one with no +,- have also a cooler and last from im pretty sure a year now and still are working... both times was with canbus error free... sorry for bad english. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom