Led number plate bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e350Thegunners

Car
E350 coupe
Hi all

Can anyone recommend any aftermarket led number plate bulbs please?

Thanks

Watch out for ones on ebay. I had them on my 2003 C220 one was fine the other gave error on dash. Even though advertised as error free.

I have these in sides and numberplate and they are fine, good clear white light.

Ultra LED Canbus Error Free 501 (T10) White Sidelight Bulbs | eBay

In the numberplate they replace the existing wedges.

I also tried these ones that replace the whole unit but they were far too bright, it was like having the reversing light on all the time. They may not fit your E but I'd not recommend any that replace the whole unit.

Mercedes Benz Canbus White LED License Number Plate Light Bulb C E S CL SL Class | eBay

I'm tempted to house them in the boot liner as additional boot lights.

What I found with festoon bulbs is that you not only need canbus error free, you also need ones with a decent heat sink on the back. First ones I fitted to the 968 did not have a heat sink and failed rather quickly, the ones with a decent heat sink have not failed. Haven't done the number plate on the S204 yet - I think access is a bit of a PITA!

Haven't done the number plate on the S204 yet - I think access is a bit of a PITA!

Aye. The saloon isn't too bad, but still involves removing the interior trim and plastic cover piece for the light assembly. To change the wedges that's all you need to do, but if you want to change the entire units you have to remove the whole light assembly.

In my experience retrofitting the Festoon style LEDs were much more trouble than they were worth.

As far as I'm aware Karl (killerhertz)doesn't sell them anymore

However the Halfords ones are error free,
Cousin used in SLK, they were £15 for 2

Peeps, are the W204 and E350 number plate lights the same?

If so, I can link to the set I got from Amazon last year. Still going strong

hi ash59fifty-uk could you put the link up for your ones as i have a s204 the ones i have lasted for while but one has half failed! have you updated the front side bulbs too?

Hi,
I have tried numerous number plate (festoon) LEDs in my CLS and my friends ML163, and they cause very bad radio interference, especially in the ML, less so in the CLS but enough to stop me being able to tune into certain radio stations I previously was able to tune into (no errors though).

Aido said:
hi ash59fifty-uk could you put the link up for your ones as i have a s204 the ones i have lasted for while but one has half failed! have you updated the front side bulbs too?

This is the link for the number plate lights, unfortunately currently out of stock :doh: ~

RunQiao 2pcs LED License Number Plate Lamp White Light Mercedes for Benz W204 W212 W216 No Error https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014H63ADQ/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

The brand is RunQiao, I've searched for that brand and there's an eBay listing which is also out of stock.

I've found them on the German Amazon site~

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01G5BDO6O/?tag=amazon0c7b3-21

With the brand googled, an ad is coming up on Hids4u which is a pretty good website, but I'm unsure if they're RunQiao. They do look slightly different, the RunQiao lights have a black plastic fitting on the housing, and the surface below the lights is slightly smooth/clear rather than textured like normal

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/mercedes-benz-led-number-plate-light.html

I've changed the front sidelights, best off hiring a small child to pop them in as it's quite tight :eek: I got these from autobulbs direct here. They aren't LED, they're normal but they're the closest to LED that worked that I could find. They match my Nightbreakers beautifully. Slight blue hue which upon first use looks 'too' blue, I planned to take them out but after ten minutes they turn a bright white. Really nice ~

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/50...-5W-W5W-Wedge-Bulbs-Pair.html?bulb_search=car

Thanks for that. I have purchased on previous car from hids4u. Their items are of quality, however you pay for gr quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom