LED number plate light supplier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
I have practically given up on LED number plate lights now.

Every set I have got have given me errors... really annoying :wallbash:

Anyone know of anyone supplying appropriate ones which are error free?

Cheers
Abs

Only thing I can suggest is get canbus ones. That said even with canbus bulbs I had issues with my previous mercedes.

Never understood why people get brighter number lights.....I work hard to keep mine dim and unreadable :bannana:

Never understood why people get brighter number lights.....I work hard to keep mine dim and unreadable :bannana:

I was behind a BMW other day and licence plate LED lights were that bright number was unreadable LoL:D

I changed mine out for genuine MB ones already in the holder/lens from a newer W212. No issues so far. Can't stand those overly bright ones people fit.

I did try the ones that replace the whole thing:
Mercedes Benz Canbus White LED License Number Plate Light Bulb C E S CL SL Class | eBay

but I found them far too bright, it was like having permanent reversing lights on and it made it very obvious they were aftermarket.

I changed mine out for genuine MB ones already in the holder/lens from a newer W212. No issues so far. Can't stand those overly bright ones people fit.

These are such a pain to fit on the CLK. The boot lining along with the plastic boot lid need to come off...

Only thing I can suggest is get canbus ones. That said even with canbus bulbs I had issues with my previous mercedes.

The ones I bought were supposedly canbus too, still got errors :(

Yeah boot liner had to come out on my w204 too.

Boot liner out to change number plate bulbs? I managed it without doing so. ( C209 ).

Boot liner out to change number plate bulbs? I managed it without doing so. ( C209 ).

Believe they mean to fit the entire LED sealed unit..

I've tried so many (all supposedly canbus error-free), and always either an error, or short-lived, etc.

Now I finally fitted a pair that's been perfect for nearly a year. The problem is - I've no idea which one of many different types I still have in my Merc Bulbs box these two are :wallbash:

Too lazy to remove and investigate, will wait for one of them to fail, then the detective work will begin :crazy:

All the interior ones and the DRLs have been perfect, by the way.

Did you swap to LED?

Yes, with new covers as the old ones were a bit yellowed.

I did the same with my CLS, never had error messages or flickering bulbs. I will have a look through my receipts to see where i purchased the bulbs.

Yes, with new covers as the old ones were a bit yellowed.

I did the same with my CLS, never had error messages or flickering bulbs. I will have a look through my receipts to see where i purchased the bulbs.

Thanks that'd be great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom