Legal help/Advice Required Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very pleased to see this sensible outcome Bruce.

Just a shame this malfunctioning 'system' put you under pressure.

My pet saying to describe this country in its current state - 'Nobody does their job properly'.

Great news Bruce!
Justice has prevailed today.

Phew what a relief for you Bruce. Congratulations on following up the advice given and being suited and booted too.

Its not a bad little forum is it.

CHEERS
John

Excellent news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phew what a relief for you Bruce. Congratulations on following up the advice given and being suited and booted too.

Its not a bad little forum is it.

CHEERS
John

As I waited, in the waiting area,to be called today, it was very evident that my suit was a lone suit, unless we count track suits and (this is true) shell suits. I wear a suit for work so was at home dressed as such, but glad I asked and glad I made that effort. I think it doesn't go unnoticed.

I did notice that most of the cases were of the "No" variety:

No Insurance
No License

With a healthy dollop of Driving while disqualified.

It is not a nice place to spend time. Some of my fellow attendees were on first name terms with the court staff. I could have been mistaken for thinking I was in a comedy club as most of them seemed to find the whole thing highly amusing. I was happy too be different and glad to be out in the fresh air heading home. Not sure why, today of all days, but I took the C55 Wagon and drove home with the windows down and the sunroof open. No cobwebs are left now.

For such a small (some say trivial) matter, it still feels wonderful to have gone through it and come out of it, where I should have in the first place.

For any who question my initial offense that I pleaded guilty to? I was doing less than 70mph on the M25 at 4:40am in a set of temp roadworks that went live that day at 4:30am. Some say bad luck (I did) but I admitted it and was prepared to take my medicine without complaint. It now appears that I stil; had the six points but I never knew... They have now dropped off.

This raises a whole new set of questions. But for now, I shall enjoy having had my day.

Thanks you again for all the kind words.

Last edited:
Great news congratulations Bruce...British justice system right for once.

Bruce , I'm pleased to hear that it all worked out .

At the same time , I'm slightly puzzled that you were ticketed at all : 65 in a 60 falls below the ACPO guideline threshold of 10% + 2 mph ( which would have been 68 ) and , given the limit had only changed 10 mins earlier from what would have been 70 , rendering your speed fully legal , it does seem a marginal infraction in more than one sense .

I'm also slightly puzzled that you seem to have been awarded six points for this , when your speed was only marginally over the limit , and the new variable points system is meant to reflect the degree of excess speed , with marginal excesses such as yours ( akin to something like 32.5 in a 30 ) meant to only attract something like one or two penalty points .

Were the roadworks actually active at that time , and were there ANY road workers present ? Presuming the weather was fine and no other traffic present , it does seem a rather trifling offence .

Glad common sense prevailed and our faith in British justice can be upheld - on this occasion .

This is great news Bruce, chuffed to bits for you Sir :)

As I waited, in the waiting area,to be called today, it was very evident that my suit was a lone suit, unless we count track suits and (this is true) shell suits. I wear a suit for work so was at home dressed as such, but glad I asked and glad I made that effort. I think it doesn't go unnoticed.

Great result today Bruce. Common sense prevailed it seems.

Re suits. Totally agree with the sentiment.

After reading this I have to comment on the other end of this driving stuff and stealth revenue generation!
Go back say about 25 years location Caracas.
Me!
I have arranged with a local Latino Cuban Caracanian friend who had/has a factory making cigarettes (Fags) in the city of Valencia, to give me ride as i had a car to collect in the same city.

Being about 2 hours late upon arrival we leave the city at maniacal rate & speed in his GMC Yukon trying to make up for lost time.

Overtaking all the traffic, making lanes where there were none, I became aware of a strange heavy fluttering sound overhead, as we entered the plain lands (Llanos) between the two cities !
Then a Huey helicopter with two GN grunts could be seen coming down in front of us at about 90 mph pointing two menacing Browing subs at us! Crickey !!!
They must have thought we were narcotraficantes on the run I suppose, and as the side slipping copter came down in front of us we were forced to stop with all the traffic on the Autopista .

We got directed into freshly cut field full of stubble by the highway.
The Commandante got out and they searched both us and car for drugs I suppose. Then looking at our cedulas, were asked where are you two bums from?

Cuba and England
$hit! (Carajo) A Fidel Revolutionary and a Thatcher Malvinas Milandro ,(pointing at me) you lot are just a nation of damn pirates !:D I don't know who are worse you or you! What a sorry combo!:dk::D

Then we got a lecture about driving too fast, and endangering ourselves the locals.
With that he snatched the keys out of the ignition, and said you two can wait her until you two hot headed bums can cool off!
That was at about 1,30 pm the afternoon!
At around 6,pm Juan was about to call his office for some spare keys. When!
We observed a light blue and orange microlite overheat circling the field, then it landed. Guardian National Bohio, Patrule Alacabala in the side.
Handing the keys to Juan he said -Message from the Commandante !
You drive carefully and you Englishman stop stealing our women, there are plenty of Colombians here, you are just a nation of pirates --smiling!
Then have a nice day--don't know whether he meant it or not!:dk:
Que tenga una buena dia--- Adios!
Then he hopped into the microlite fired it up and took off !

Everyone happy, we lost half a day being taught a lesson, thirsty and hungry and work plans dashed!
BUT
No fines, no endorsements , no court fees & no magistrates to pay. Nothing for the Gubbermint!
Did get sworn at a few times, and nationally denigrated but cost nothing, my skins thick enough anyway !:devil:
Suffice to state we did the trip the following day doing the speed limit and leaving early!
Lesson learned I suppose for us damn Piratas Ingleses --Los Milandros de Malvinas!:cool:
Tuercas Viejas

That is great news. It is a shame it happened in the first place. I wonder how much money and time was wasted by just this one example, not to mention the anxiety that you could well do without.

Good result Bruce, but what a freakin' waste of tax payers money. I appreciate majistrates are not on a payroll, but the admin costs and time wasted that could have been spent sending true scallies down.

S

Good for you Bruce. I'm really glad that common sense prevailed. Whilst it will undoubtedly have been an unnecessarily stressful time for you, it happened and you can't change that, so make sure you enjoy the silver lining that is the sense of relief which you're now feeling!

In the same way that this restores some faith to us that common sense and justice does (usually) prevail, the experience probably restored some faith for the clerk and the others present that honest, respectable and upstanding people do still exist. Too many (but not all) of the people they have to deal with will be the polar opposite...

Great work Bruce & glad to see the right conclusion was drawn in the end.

It really does wind me up when as an intelligent nation with all the money, resources and nouse we have we still waste a ton of time/money with pointless cases like this.

Surely someone somewhere should see this prior to a hearing & can vet or weed out cases that really should go no further.

Bobby Dazzler said:
Good for you Bruce. I'm really glad that common sense prevailed. Whilst it will undoubtedly have been an unnecessarily stressful time for you, it happened and you can't change that, so make sure you enjoy the silver lining .

Bobby

Thank you. You make a great point here. As part of my ongoing recuperation I have been given some great exposure that teaches exactly this. i.e. Focus on what we can change and not what we cannot. Sounds simple. Not always, but it does work and does pay dividends when I have the discipline to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

Hi,
Now the "interesting" bit!
Firstly - you got 6 points in your absence for "failing to furnish" - i.e not naming the driver - rather than the underlying speeding offence (obviously a paperwork error as you had sent off the form naming yourself as a driver).
Now imaginge the scenario if you had an accident since your unknown conviction and within the time that the 6 points were showing on your DVLA record.
You had been telling your insurance company that you had a clean licence - but you actually had 6 points.
We all know that insurance companies love wriggling out of paying claims - could they have done that to you for not declaring the points (that you knew nothing about)?
That could have got a bit "interesting!"
Luckily that threat has now passed - but it's a worrying thought!
If I were still living in the UK - I think I might be checking my licence online with the DVLA, to ensure I did not have ghost points that I did not know about!
Cheers
Steve

Nice result Bruce .Your on top of this now .Just put it behind you once more .You have been in bigger battles than this one ,and once again you have won . Shame you let me have that glue .You could have put some on the seat of their chairs . Good to see a winner for once . Never saw your first post till just .I could heve wished you good luck But it was all there on your side to start with .

Great news Bruce. The track, shell suit brigade, different generation Bruce they don't have much respect for anyone or anything !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom