Lemforder ECP or MB OEM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Need to order Droplink and Offside front Thrust arm

OEM or Lemforder at ECP?

I heard Lemforder was MB OEM?

Thanks

I go with Lemforder every time and never had any problems. Try shopping around for price, I used all German car parts last time and got a good deal.

What's the price difference between Lemforder and dealer supplied part?

Buying suspension components is confusing

I was told to buy OSF Castor arm and Droplink

Dealer didn't know what Castor arm was, I'm 99% sure it's also called a Thrust arm... each dealer seems to have a different price? Is that the case?

Anyway. On ECP they are called Suspension Arms or Control Arms, and droplinks are called anti roll bar links..

for my w211 around £ 200 per arm in comparison with lemforder arms.

for my w211 around £ 200 per arm in comparison with lemforder arms.

Really confused now what to do haha.. price difference isn't that much but my MB dealer is bloody useless

Order online via MB Inchcape, or eBay via MB Newcastle?

Really confused now what to do haha.. price difference isn't that much but my MB dealer is bloody useless

sorry if you read that wrong the price diffeerence was £ 200 , lemforder arm at ecp £89 , mb £289 .

Meyle HD's are even better with a longer warranty on their parts and the tighten up the suspension really well and last longer..

There are those that suggest that "anything Meyle" is suspect although I too have heard that their HD parts are worth considering.

I faced this issue when specifying new lower control arms for my 300CE. €550 each from local MB. Finally got them for about €420 from Germany.

Febi and TRW also listed compatible items but, again, people have reported issues with these cheaper parts. Oddly, the genuine MB ones turned out tbe manufactured by TRW but the ball joint area looked very different to the photos I'd seen of the TRW ones.

RayH

i ll throw this in the mix, lemforder and trw are now owned by zf germany , so whos making what :thumb::thumb:

Ok I think one is for sport suspension and other for normal

I have sport suspension I guess as I have the AMG kit

The first eurocrap link (sport suspension) includes an MB part # A2033202989. Google that and you'll find the going rate for Lemforder (31360 01) is nearly half the <cough> "discounted" <cough> price from euro crap for example

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/lemforder-7016134.html or 31360 01|Lemforder|Steering and Suspension|UK|3136001

although to be fair eurocrap include free postage costs in every single part. Assuming you need 2 of them though £19.94 + VAT ea from autopartstechnik will end up being ~ £56 delivered to your door vs £77.98 from eurocrap either delivered or click and collect stand around for eons waiting to be served in an empty shop.
Not surprisingly eurocrap will sell you the exact same part (assuming they don't substitute it for a cheaper, or the wrong, part) for closer to the going rate if you buy from their mail order only carparts4less alias. At least today, probably be a different "sale" on tomorrow

The first eurocrap link (sport suspension) includes an MB part # A2033202989. Google that and you'll find the going rate for Lemforder (31360 01) is nearly half the <cough> "discounted" <cough> price from euro crap for example

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/lemforder-7016134.html or 31360 01|Lemforder|Steering and Suspension|UK|3136001

although to be fair eurocrap include free postage costs in every single part. Assuming you need 2 of them though £19.94 + VAT ea from autopartstechnik will end up being ~ £56 delivered to your door vs £77.98 from eurocrap either delivered or click and collect stand around for eons waiting to be served in an empty shop.
Not surprisingly eurocrap will sell you the exact same part (assuming they don't substitute it for a cheaper, or the wrong, part) for closer to the going rate if you buy from their mail order only carparts4less alias. At least today, probably be a different "sale" on tomorrow

Hi.

I'd be collecting it, they are doing 30% off so I can get the sports one for £27.29

And the Lemforder Thrust arm for £95 (from £135) | Car PartsRetailer

clk320x said:
Hi. I'd be collecting it, they are doing 30% off so I can get the sports one for £27.29 And the Lemforder Thrust arm for £95 (from £135) | Car PartsRetailer

Try carparts4less using the code weekend12 it should be even cheaper.

I take it you've had bad experience with euros then?

ECP are fine in my experience

Lemforder are the ones who supply MB I believe

ordering from MB Newcastle won't deliver in time, and local MB dealer charges double ECP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom