License to Kill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ierton

Car
Volvo V60 T6 Recharge - BMW 1250GS
Anyone else watch the documentary on BBC Three? :(

Yup.

A programme everyone should watch I think.

Please give us an idea what the program was about, as I have completely missed it.

Recently the local papers were running a story about how "boy racers" were holding street races around the local trading estate. All the articles were highlighting the dangers of street racing and contained the usual quotes from the racers. Most of them were of the opinion that they were supreme in their abilities to control cars "innit" and were accomplished racers who had not yet been spotted by any F1 teams.

Two weeks later we have a full page front story. A racer with three teenage female passengers on-board has left the road, gone over a grass verge and into the front of a shop. Both shop and car are demolished. The driver stepped out, his passengers are all hospitalised.

They had traveled some distance to just to get this event.

Last nights program highlights the inevitable and some of the consequences.

Not seen it yet but may watch a bit on iPlayer later. Pretty depressing viewing I imagine! I saw the fiction docudrama show on the BBC a couple of months ago (Crash?) and it gave an insight into devastation caused to people's lives following just a bit of on road silliness.

Part of the problem I guess must be cars (even bog standard corsas, fiestas etc) are a hell of a lot safer than they were 10 years ago with airbags everywhere, solid sounding doors which close with a thud etc. Must give some of these idiots a sense of invincibility.

Cars are generally also getting more powerful and faster, and we have a generation of Playstation gamers too who think they can replicate stunts from Grand Theft Auto in real life.

Just have to hope you don't run into any of these people on the road (or while sat in your house/shop by the sounds of it!)

It was about some bloke called James Bond - I think he works for the government.

Never heard of him. Must of been one of those whistle blowing civil servant documentrie's.

Just started on BBC Three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom