LIDL, £12.99 - Ultimate Speed 12v Oil Suction Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Anyone used this Lidl suction pump? Looks like a bargain if it works & gets all the oil out.

Ultimate Speed Oil Suction Pump - Monday, 29.02. - Lidl UK

Ultimate Speed Oil Suction Pump

£12.99*Each

• Operates via 12V car battery for clean and effortless changing of engine oil and diesel
  • With long suction and discharge hoses, an extra long coiled cable and battery connection clamps with insulated handles
  • Flow rates approx. (L/min):
  • Motor oil: 0.2
  • Diesel: 1.5
  • 3 year manufacturer's warranty
270663_01_f.jpg

At that flow rate it'll take 30-40min to empty your sump?

I have one, not from Lidl, but the same.

Works a treat...and does not take long to empty the sump...perhaps 10 minutes? It looks like the one in the post above this..but they are the same.

I paid £15.58 from Ebay.

Last edited:
Dont forget to keep your engine runing so the battery doesnt go flat:ban:

Those with the pumps, can they suck warm/hot oil? As I've always warmed it first to make it flow out easier.

Edit: Ah, 40~60 degrees, that'll work.

Last edited:
i-CONICA said:
Those with the pumps, can they suck warm/hot oil? As I've always warmed it first to make it flow out easier. Edit: Ah, 40~60 degrees, that'll work.

I get the engine up to running temp (20 minute drive). Then suck it out (using an electric pump)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

At that flow rate it'll take 30-40min to empty your sump?

Not a problem as long as you are not tempted to start the engine to charge the battery....

EDIT: been mentioned already..

I suppose you could power it from another car - it's astonishing how much faster the tyre compressor works when the engine is running.

Bought one on Monday to try out, but I think I'll stick to my Pela vacuum extractor and will be returning it to Lidl.

It might be less than half price, but I found the tube that fits into the dipstick tube rather short (won't be any good on my annual ATF change on my Subaru) and flimsy, unlike the long metal reinforced tube on the Pela. Can't see it lasting either as the clear tubing looks like a sreenwash or aquarium air tube which became very soft and discoloured (opaque) after just one oil change. I only warmed the engine up for 10 minutes as I felt it might soften. It took alot longer than the vacuum pump too.

The Pela has served me well for over 8 years and was around £30 delivered.

Some one might just do that ,what a good help you are .

If someone is actually silly enough to do that then maybe they shouldnt be draining the oil to start with, it was just a little light hearted :ban: nothing else.

I see that they call this model the 'ultimate speed', yet it flows just 0.2L (let's say hot) engine oil per minute.

They must be banking on an assumption that users won't bother taking them back for a refund when they fail within three months, let alone three years, the former period being more likely on what is clearly 'Chinese tat'.

I see that they call this model the 'ultimate speed', yet it flows just 0.2L (let's say hot) engine oil per minute.

They must be banking on an assumption that users won't bother taking them back for a refund when they fail within three months, let alone three years, the former period being more likely on what is clearly 'Chinese tat'.

As I said, I have one, it worked very well. And will last more than 3 months...won't change the oil again for another year.

After Renault121 posted on this forum, I bought an eBay one for £15. I proceeded to change the oil in all four of my cars before lending it to my neighbour who did his three cars. I Have now also done two gearboxes.

So it's cost about £1,50 an oil change so far. Deduct from the £1.50 the cost of gloves, jacking up the car, new sump plug seals and hand soap? I figure I owe it money.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom