LIDL ULTIMATE SPEED SCREENWASH WITH ANTIFREEZE ... 5 litre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsco

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E280CDI SPORTS ESTATE and C200 KOMPRESSOR SE Coupe Auto (1.8 lit petrol)
Some years ago, the above product was recommended on the Forum and I bought some and used it for successive winters, as well as general use.
I found it pretty good in three 210s and my present W211 E280 CDI Sport ..... and it did not freeze, if used as directed.
Last time I bought any was 2014.
Does anyone know if it is still available ?
I have looked in my local Lidl and not found it.

I don't think they've had it in the UK for a couple of years.

Thanks Rory.
:)
It's some time since I've seen it.
It was good down to minus 60 degrees undiluted.
Diluted 1:1 it was good to minus 20 degrees.
Diluted 1:2 it was good to minus 10 degrees.
I used to use it 1:2 in the worst winter weather in the UK and it never froze on me.

Does anyone know of anything similar ?
ECP appear to do some ready-mixed ..... Any thoughts, guys ??

They do not routinely have it available, only at certain times, and as winter is approaching I suspect it may shortly be available - for a short time! I still have stock, as I bulk buy when it's available!!

i think it is still a little to early for lidl to put it on shelves, but i see it in my local lidl every year and quite sure it was there last winter.
i was using it for several years and really it is good. there was a lot reccomendations for it online as well.
im planning to go to poland this winter where temeperatures some winters going down to -35*C so i will definitely be using it again.

Thanks guys ..... I'll be looking out for it.
Cheers
John

There's plenty of info online about mixing screenwashes can cause gelling and subsequent plugging of pipes and nozzles - but I've been using lidl's stuff for years without problems, and always make sure my screenwash bottle is completely full before taking the car for servicing, and telling them not to "top up" an already full reservoir (and removing the cost from their invoice if they forget!!).

There's plenty of info online about mixing screenwashes can cause gelling and subsequent plugging of pipes and nozzles - but I've been using lidl's stuff for years without problems
Same goes for me ... I would try not to mix different brands, as a matter of course.
However - I have changed over 6 cars from their previous brand to the Lidl stuff - So I try not to be too precious about it !!!
Regarding the BMW story ... I find it hard to believe that a simple change of screenwash could cause serious problems - UNLESS THERE WAS SOME OTHER CAUSE, OF WHICH WE ARE UNAWARE.

I use the Quantum (that's VAG's generic parts name) premium fanjet stuff in the absence of the Lidl stuff. Local TPS sold it for about a fiver a couple of years ago so I bought four and still have two.

This stuff: Quantum Premium Fan Jet Concentrate Screenwash 5L - Screenwash & De-Icer . Some TPS's won't sell to the public but you can buy elsewhere - even eBay if all else fails although delivery cost is probably a bit of a killer.

Thanks Rory.
I might give the TPS stuff a go.
I sent an enquiry to the "Lidl help-line" (so-called).
Unsurprisingly, it was no help at all and sent me the most unhelpful reply ..... Basically saying they couldn't help and to visit my local store.
Well ... Why did they think I was contacting the "help-line"
Hey Hum !!!

I'm a Sonax man myself and the results are amazing, especially in heavey rain/traffic when you get that greasy film on the screen.. a quick squirt ant it cuts through it no problems, back to crystal clear..great at night on a clear screen...

Buy some 100% virgin methanol and add it to the bottle to stop it from freezing

I'm a Sonax man myself and the results are amazing, especially in heavey rain/traffic when you get that greasy film on the screen.. a quick squirt ant it cuts through it no problems, back to crystal clear..great at night on a clear screen...

I am a great fan of SONAX products. I just had a very quick look on the ebay for SONAX SCREEN WASH. I had to take seat after I looked. Wow££££££££ Where do you buy it from please and how much do you pay (apologies for asking a rude question on price)

Not a problem Bruce.. it varies, I look for it on Ebay and wait for a bargain to appear. I was a Halfrauds fan for a long time, in particular the Advanced Screen Wash until they changed its recipe.. then you could "eat it" (cherry, berry, lemon, citrus etc) instead of clean with it.. I pay between £6 and £8 but remember 25ml make 3 litres of screenwash and if you need it stronger add a little more, I use an old Robinsons Barley water bottle and and mix away.. each makes up a nice 3ltrs and boy is it great all year round, none of this white traces left on screen and paintwork...

Her aunt has a policy, "You pays for what you get.." and its true I found the cheap stuff no good, in fact I still have half a 25ltr drum that I won't use as it was crap, think it was comma?? Trust me I'll pay for Sonax, as I do a lot of miles and I like a clear screen, Er' Indoors thinks I'm OCD on screen cleaning.. but Ilike to see where I'm going without "farty" wipers...

I just use the MB stuff

Is it designed for very low temperatures?
says you live in peterborough not the antartic? ;)
I use it 1:1 dilution so im sure it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom