Limit of E55K injectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
What is the power limit of the standard injectors for the E55K?

I'm considering going for a 77mm pulley but want to make sure the fuelling is all ok before I do.

Also, on a healthy engine with 77mm pulley, manifolds and larger heat exchanger, what power would I be looking at?

Id also be wondering if the standard pumps are upto it especially after 15 years or so, You will need to get the AFR's checked buddy which id had thought MSL would do if they do the pulley etc

With me going there next weekend I expect they will check that. I'll be discussing my plans with msl anyway.

What is the power limit of the standard injectors for the E55K?

I'm considering going for a 77mm pulley but want to make sure the fuelling is all ok before I do.

Also, on a healthy engine with 77mm pulley, manifolds and larger heat exchanger, what power would I be looking at?

Acid managed 619Bhp 724lbs Torque when he fitted my 77mm Pulley and Kleemann Headers. Although my car did start above average before hand at 500bhp. I do have a graph on the forum somewhere with my figures if you want to take a look at my Threads.

AngryDog - Also worth a note, my pulley was the second Acid put on, about a month after Jules. That was going on 2 & 1/2 years ago. So the Upd Pulley's have proven reliable to date. With many used now in the Us and Uk. Obviously it depends how someone uses their car, no doubt you can break a standard if driven like a Helmet.

They will check the fueling, it was on a dyno day that my fuel pump issue was picked up as fueling dropped at high revs, two new pumps later it was fine again.

Im on my third pulley, they have got better over the years and this one has been on 3 years with no probs

Thanks guys.

Alps, are you on a 77mm pulley? Is there much of a performance difference between an 84mm and 77mm pulley? As in would I notice it?

im on a 84mm one mate, but go for the 77mm,

Ok cool. So that and Manifolds and I think I'll be happy at that then. I'll need another tune as well I guess.

Will that be ok on the standard injectors?

No issue on mine and that's without headers so slightly less power than Jim's, who also reports no issues.

yes you will be fine on standard injectors :)

Cheers guys. I'll discuss this will Acid on the 12th once the car has been given a health check.

I should really order the new HE.

Ok cool. So that and Manifolds and I think I'll be happy at that then. I'll need another tune as well I guess.

Will that be ok on the standard injectors?

Mine is on standard injectors chief. Did you manage to check your iats at all? Be good if you did a couple of runs before you go to Acids, to know what your cars temps are like, that way you will have an idea how you are getting on before and after.

Mine is on standard injectors chief. Did you manage to check your iats at all? Be good if you did a couple of runs before you go to Acids, to know what your cars temps are like, that way you will have an idea how you are getting on before and after.

My Bluetooth adapter is a bit flakey, but I have a bit of free time this weekend so I am going to pop out and give it a blast up the local nsl dual carriageway.

I'm going to fit a new HE any way, for £200 its not worth leaving it.

If you are going to fit a new h/e then with a 77mm pulley (or even an 84mm) I believe an upgraded one (plus pump) would be very advisable (but more than £200). I'm sure MSL will have them and others on here will also be able to advise which is best. I am looking to do a similar upgrade shortly on my CLS and my prime concern is cooling and intake temps. Would be interested in views on the best H/E upgrade.

My Bluetooth adapter is a bit flakey, but I have a bit of free time this weekend so I am going to pop out and give it a blast up the local nsl dual carriageway.

I'm going to fit a new HE any way, for £200 its not worth leaving it.

I would recommend getting another means of checking your Temps post 77mm pulley. Without knowing your iats, you have no idea when your car. You could change your HE (recommended) split the cooling, and still be way too hot and not know. My car has been fine over the time i've upgraded, but as i say, i know when to back off, and when it's good to go again.

Sorry meant to say this- Without knowing your iats, you have no idea when your car is too hot.

If you are going to fit a new h/e then with a 77mm pulley (or even an 84mm) I believe an upgraded one (plus pump) would be very advisable (but more than £200). I'm sure MSL will have them and others on here will also be able to advise which is best. I am looking to do a similar upgrade shortly on my CLS and my prime concern is cooling and intake temps. Would be interested in views on the best H/E upgrade.

I have the upgraded pump already (newer Bosch). the H/E is the same as Merc85, his just about fits so I have no doubt that this will up to the job.

I would recommend getting another means of checking your Temps post 77mm pulley. Without knowing your iats, you have no idea when your car. You could change your HE (recommended) split the cooling, and still be way too hot and not know. My car has been fine over the time i've upgraded, but as i say, i know when to back off, and when it's good to go again.

It is amazing in some ways. Of all of the performance cars I have had in the past I have never had to worry about intake temps getting too high. What would you recommend? I don't tend to give the car stick all of the time, but obviously it would be nice to be able to give it a few blasts on the local NSL dual carriage way etc, otherwise what is the point? If the engine is too hot more often than not, then how are we meant to use its performance?

Split cooling is an option, but looking at what is out there seems to be quite expensive for what you get. I am surprised that Meth was disregarded seeing as how it has very good cooling properties and doesn't need to be used as a fuel. It can be triggered at a set boost threshold as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom