Log book details?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peter1969uk

Car
C Class 250d
I purchased a C220 CDI AMG Sport 125 Edition Blueefficiency, September 2011 from new.

The log book says, Model: C220 Sport CDI Blueeffi-cy A.

The issue I have is when I try to part-ex the car, even in a Mercedes dealership. They all class it as the Sport and not an AMG sport 125. They obviously only give me an offer for a Sport.

Has anyone else got this model and age of care, and what description does the log book give you.

Or has anyone else had this problem???

Thanks

Peter

Should be done on the Vin that holds the vehicles factory specs.

Log book is only the registered keepers documentation.

The 125 Edition just included a few options in the price, mainly COMAND. These extras would be reflected in the used price (although make little difference after a few years). The Sport has all the AMG bits anyway (body kit, wheels, mats) so having AMG in the title makes no difference to the value. I wouldn't worry if I were you. (BTW, my logbook just says C350 SPORT BLUEEFFICIENCY AUTO)

Should be done on the Vin that holds the vehicles factory specs.

Log book is only the registered keepers documentation.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, when you part-ex they just run the registration plate. Which states its just the sport.

The 125 Edition just included a few options in the price, mainly COMAND. These extras would be reflected in the used price (although make little difference after a few years). The Sport has all the AMG bits anyway (body kit, wheels, mats) so having AMG in the title makes no difference to the value. I wouldn't worry if I were you. (BTW, my logbook just says C350 SPORT BLUEEFFICIENCY AUTO)

Thanks for the reply.

One of the Mercedes branches basically said the same thing. However as I pointed out to them the models on sale at the time. The Sport and Sport AMG were different models. This reflected in the purchase price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom