Logic 7 speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brunty88

Car
C63 PPP
Anyone else had issues with theirs ?
One of my speakers seems to have given up ?
Only apparent on some tracks but definitely an issue its not as crisp as it should be ?
Easy to find ? Easy to replace ? Expensive ?
I'm going to try get it done on warranty from the garage but advice first would be ideal thanks in advance

Yep, my sub can what only be described as "farts" I think it needs replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, my sub can what only be described as "farts" I think it needs replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably the rear shelf vibrating against the window glass. My W211 (aftermarket sub in stock rear deck location) and C207 (HK) did this. W212 (HK) however doesn't do it at all. I presume they stuffed more felt around the contacting surfaces by the time they got to the 212 facelift.

Should have mentioned its in a 204 c63 facelift

When you say, "not as crisp as it should be", presumably, what you are hearing is a muffled sound ?

Have you isolated it to one particualr speaker? Just get your ear close to all of them and you should be able to pin-point the one that's muffled. It should be quite obvious.
This normally indicates a failed tweeter. If you haven't got any tweeters in the sound system, the diagnostioc will be much harder!

If it's just a tweeter, Something which will work as a rplaacement should almost certainly be available on ebay. Just match the Impedance, size, and mounting arrangement and fitting will be easy.

Or if you're desperate, buy the whole drive unit, tweeter and all.

If that's not the sound fault you were trying to describe, please put it another way....

I'll get a video with it
Some songs it's fine but some it's terrible it sounds like ones blown and can't produce the sound
I'll try to isolate it better being a new car I'm unsure of exactly where all the speakers are lol

My car never came with HK but after investigation, it is the same as HK except it's 100w down on power and no sub.

So I fitted my own.

I did read the stock HK sub is a crock anyway and many replace.

One thing I did learn was that the parcel shelf vibrates like a bitch!

It required Dynamat in all the places you could reach once you remove the single grill running the length of it.

You can test if it the parcel shelf by pressing down on it whilst playing a track with some bass.

If you do a video - take said grill away and film close to the speaker but with the volume not too loud. Blown speakers normally give the game away by way of a noisy/scratchy voice coil and / or clipping/distortion at even low volumes.

Also on a side note my usb connection in the centre console doesn't charge my iPhone should it ?

The one in the glove box doesn't I don't think - I believe you have to rig up your own charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom