London Congestion Charge Auto Pay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
From 4th January 2011, Transport for London launch 'AutoPay' for private users.

If you occassionally go into Central London, it's worth considering to protect yourself from fines for forgetting to pay.

You can pre-register online now: CC Auto Pay | Transport for London

TFL record the number of days your travels within the charging zone and bill you each month, simple eh?

Just hope your plates don't get cloned if you register though :D

A few more points on this:

By registering, you also get a 10% reduction in the daily charge (£9 rather than £10), which should offset the annual £10 registration fee (per car) fairly quickly.

Residents who sign up to AutoPay finally get a true 90% discount. Up to now, you've had to pay for at least a week at a time to get the discounted rate, whereas with AutoPay you will just be charged 90p for each day you use the zone.

I will pay in advance online thanks. I bet they won't be quick to give you your money back if your plates are cloned!

There's no way I'd give those clowns the keys to my bank account.

If i was still living in london I would definately sign up... so much easier..
Nowadays everytime I go to london I go in a different car...

Typical, just as they abolish the Western Congestion charging zone they introduce a payment system that would genuinely have delivered a discount to charging zone residents so that they might not have voted in favour of abolishing it. Hopeless.

For better or worse I've signed up. You have to register a credit card for the charges as opposed to say the Dartford crossing system where you top up your account in advance.

Thanks! Just signed up.

From 4th January 2011, Transport for London launch 'AutoPay' for private users.

If you occassionally go into Central London, it's worth considering to protect yourself from fines for forgetting to pay.

You can pre-register online now: CC Auto Pay | Transport for London

TFL record the number of days your travels within the charging zone and bill you each month, simple eh?

Just hope your plates don't get cloned if you register though :D

Thank you.

This would have saved me a lot of time and some cash a few months ago. :thumb:

LINK.

The service is also available for up to 5 cars that you specify during set-up. Handy if you have a couple of cars in the household.

Thanks! Just sighed up.

I was actually in the process of paying yet another fine for having yet again forgotten pay.

Robbing b*****s.

Re Charles' post......I can't wait to drive down Ladbroke Grove again FOR FREE!!!!!

I might drive up and down a few times just for the sake of it.

A few more points on this:

By registering, you also get a 10% reduction in the daily charge (£9 rather than £10), which should offset the annual £10 registration fee (per car) fairly quickly.

Residents who sign up to AutoPay finally get a true 90% discount. Up to now, you've had to pay for at least a week at a time to get the discounted rate, whereas with AutoPay you will just be charged 90p for each day you use the zone.

Oops, absolutely correct, forgot to mention that!

Typical, just as they abolish the Western Congestion charging zone they introduce a payment system that would genuinely have delivered a discount to charging zone residents so that they might not have voted in favour of abolishing it. Hopeless.

Absolutely, incidentally I just got a fine for straying into the Western extension, I'd completley forgotten about it or was ahead of the time and assumed it had already been abolished :eek:

The other thing to watch if you register additional cars is that you have to pay £10 per year / oer vehicle...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom