Long life stainless steel exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
Does anyone have experience with loglife exhausts. I have a long life agent near me who tells me he can make my E55k sound like a c63 for £400. Would this be a silly move or should I look elsewhere for exhaust replacement??

Can the e55k be altered to sound like the current e63 biturbo?? Which sounds awesome.

You need a set of c63 back boxes and then it will sound like a C63

Looks like your near Tony Banks. Lucky you, I had to drive 200 miles to get him to do my system.

If he says he can do it, he can, and it will be good.

did he say what sort of work he was doing? sec cat delete/resonator delete etc?

Tony Banks is a class outfit after 2 other well recognised places made a complete mess of my exhaust, wrong bore size, bad gas flow etc. I went to Tony Banks on the recommendation of the TVR guys.

Firstly I discussed what I wanted which was a copy of the Brabus exhaust it originally had on, they said no problem would put a sports cat up front and the only choice was polished or satin finish so I went for satin

This was last May so dropped the car off with them went shopping into Leeds with my daughter returned 3 hours later to be shown the car still on the ramp and taken through every bit if work they had done so it's been on 14 months now and been perfect

Do you know what really impressed me, the woman on reception knew as much as the guys doing the job (not been sexist here just surprised) she knew all the gas flow calcs, stainless spec, welding wire spec the whole lot very impressive and she had also ran her fair share of Mercs

This is one place u would not hesitate to recommend top class place top class guys and top class work, you can see why people come from miles away to them

smoothcoupe said:
Does anyone have experience with loglife exhausts. I have a long life agent near me who tells me he can make my E55k sound like a c63 for £400. Would this be a silly move or should I look elsewhere for exhaust replacement?? Can the e55k be altered to sound like the current e63 biturbo?? Which sounds awesome.

You need to ask him what he!is dong for the money.

I suspect that at £400 it's an x pipe type modification this will definitely sound more throaty and louder.

Fwiw i would say that as stock the n/a c63 sounds better than the biturbo.

OP. What you have to realise is that LongLife is a franchise that is only as good as holder.

My nearest LL franchise is 10 miles from me. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Second nearest is 25miles away, when I contacted them they gave me so much guff that alarm bells sounded loud. Hence my long journey to Leeds.

To get an E55K to sound like a C63, you need to modify the back boxes.

Simon1966 did a lot of research into this...

The bottom line is, you have two chambers in the E55K exhaust where a U bend runs through a smaller chamber.

You can seal off this pipe so the exhaust gases only really spend any time in the larger chamber and it does indeed sound like a C63.

I was going to have this done and PCS quoted me around £400 to do it - so that's what I reckon it is.

I have the X pipe and my car sounds nothing like a C63.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom