Looking after the man who looks after your car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ss201

MB Enthusiast
Car
190E 2.6 Sportline, W203 320 CDi SE Estate
As it's Christmas, I dropped a few beers off at my local Mercedes indie yesterday. He's looked after my cars really well for years, so it's nice to show a bit of gratitude once a year. I know it's appreciated.

Anyone else do this?

Nope - but that is mainly as it is main dealer and on a service contract. I'm not really emotionally attached to it. If it breaks they fix it.

I do however with our Postie who really goes the extra mile (literally) and a couple of others...

I didn't treat the main dealer as service is included in my lease.

However we've treated postie, window cleaner and gardener. Because as said it's really nice to show appreciation to them.

On the other side of the coin I've had a fair few treats off my customers here in the village for work I've done this year. (I'm a builder). It's really nice to know they're happy with My services.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...I'll be treating myself later on ...

I do, chocolate cake, strawberries and creme for the whole garage this year. They give me their best, why shouldn't I do the same.

A car is one of the most complicated things on the planet and nobody goes to their mechanic wanting to spend money. It must be one of the very worst jobs going - h3ll of a complicated thing to fix for someone who is generally negative & doesn't want to part with their hard earned. Then if anything goes wrong you can look forward to a bashing. Oh well I guess we could always wait till the next demanding ungrateful bstrd comes through the door......

Last edited:
We have had an outstanding amount of stuff given to us this year.

We welcome more though.....

However we've treated postie, window cleaner and gardener.

You're lucky you've got the same postie. Ours is a different one from day to day with occasionally the same one twice a week.

However, I'm my own window cleaner and gardener. Who do I give my tip to? :devil:

Don't answer that Paul.

However, I'm my own window cleaner and gardener.

So THAT's how you afford to go on holiday so much! :doh:

If I get rid of all the staff at Ant Mansions including housekeeping, chauffeur & shoeshine boy I'm guessing we'll maybe get away once a year? :dk:

I do it every year without fail...big box of biccies for the lads:thumb:

Mine's serviced by the main dealer to keep the breakdown thing up, but any little jobs, or big jobs occasionally, get done by MSL.

I gave them a box of tea bags a year or so ago, figure that will do for a while. :)

I didn't treat the main dealer as service is included in my lease.

However we've treated postie, window cleaner and gardener. Because as said it's really nice to show appreciation to them.
Better not forget the dustmen if you don't want rubbish strewn on your drive!

What a good idea! I shall get some on my way home! I had never thought of this.

My Indi does a fantastic job for me. Well worth a little thank you at Christmas.

Same for our postie,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom